Discussion topic: Lagging

This message was authored by Scotty95 This message was authored by: Scotty95

Lagging

My tv sky stream keeps lagging and the Internet around the house isn't great. Been a customer for only a couple of days now. Not a great start. Really not happy

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Lagging

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What broadband speed are you getting?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

That's a failing of your internet connection and not Stream. If you're close to the minimum requirements, you'll more than likely get buffering which will cause a lag 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scotty95 You have mentioned that your internet is not very good so this is probability the reason you are not having a good viewing experience with stream.  You not only need sufficient speed but also a stable signal.

You can check the speed being received at the Sky Stream puck by using the Netflix App (Get help > Check network).  The minimum speeds recommended by Sky are as follows:

HD = 25mbps

UHD = 30mbps

HD + 1 puck = 30mbps

UHD + 1 puck = 35mbps

If your speeds are borderline you could try an Ethernet connection which is usually better than WiFi as it maintains better stability. If you try an Ethernet connection don't forget to turn off WiFi in Settings / Network / Advance settings.

If this is not practical (as in my own home) then you could consider Powerline Adapters which are about £35 on Amazon.  Don't waste money on a Gb model as Glass and Stream Ethernet ports only support 100mbps.

TBH if you do not have good broadband I would consider cancelling your Stream contract.  You have 31 days in which to do it. 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion