Discussion topic: It was going so well but…..

Marvinator
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marvinator This message was authored by: Marvinator

Re: It was going so well but…..

 Reduced the number of boxes in my mesh and all was going much better. Today I turn on the TV in the kitchen and get this. 

just why? So annoying. Speed is currently 480mbps in the kitchen. 

IMG_5282.jpeg

IMG_5283.jpeg

IMG_5284.jpeg

IMG_5285.jpeg

Working again after a reboot but honestly.....

Marvinator
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marvinator This message was authored by: Marvinator

This still happens far too often in a house dripping with strong, ultrafast WiFi. Not good enough.

IMG_5334.jpeg

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marvinator 

I don't see any cables: is the Stream puck sandwiched between television set and wall, or located elsewhere with embedded cabling?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Marvinator
Topic Author

 Hi Timmy. It's here. The cables are concealed in the wall.

IMG_5338.jpeg

Marvinator
Topic Author

Absolutely ridiculous.

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5344.png

IMG_5345.png

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Marvinator @Speed is irrelevant when you are going above 50mbps. The fact that you get over 400mbps means nothing, as we have discussed before it's more important to have a strong network connection.. are you still using the mesh system - that's your issue. The mesh system you have is budget and there are known issues. Sky stream dowesnt play nicely with mesh based systems 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Marvinator @You're blaming sky when I think the issue is your mesh system.  Look others have had issues previously.., https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Mercusys-Halo-Mesh-and-Sky/td-p/4451724

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
Marvinator
Topic Author

Did you miss the other image that I posted indicating a very strong network connection in the area where the pucks are?

no other device ever, ever disconnects. So the issue is the Sky tech, as usual. That's my point. It's not good enough. There was no indication prior to purchasing that Sky Stream "does not play well with mesh systems".

if you stick with the mesh system you currently have and Sky stream your problems will continue

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
Marvinator
Topic Author

Not really good enough, is it? Why can't Sky make tech that works properly? 

@Marvinator @Sky stream works perfectly for me and the vast majority. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
Marvinator
Topic Author

So what, Jason?

Marvinator
Topic Author

Oh, and hang on, it seems from a search of this forum that I am far from alone with these issues. 

@Marvinator @Enjoy your evening and Sky stream 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
Marvinator
Topic Author

Too trolling Jason, as has been the case throughout the thread. 

for anyone else reading, I have found a solution. Turning Stay Connected in Standby to off seems to have done it. Pucks just take an extra 5 seconds to come on. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion