Discussion topic: Is Sky Stream available in Jersey?

This message was authored by jsydaryl This message was authored by: jsydaryl

Is Sky Stream available in Jersey?

I have tried to order Sky Stream on the Sky website - but everytime I put in a JE postcode for delivery an error screen appears.

Is it possible to get Sky Stream in Jersey...?  If so, how...?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Is Sky Stream available in Jersey?

Only if you pay for the tv outright 

This message was authored by Salamander1969 This message was authored by: Salamander1969

Yes it is - i live in Jersey - but rang them up rather than website

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jsydaryl . I live in Jersey and have Sky Glass. You will need to phone Sky direct and you will also have to pay for Glass outright as they are not able to do the relevant credit checks for Jersey residents. They also screw you by not deducting the VAT evewn though it is an export.

Fortuna have a display model in their shop but are not able to sell them as they need to come direct from Sky (or at least that was the situation last July).

If you have a good OLED Smart TV you might want to consider getting a Stream Puck (and sound bar if you don't already have one).  When I got Glass there was no option of Stream so my Son got a cracking LG OLED TV for free and I ended up with a Glass TV which has a vastly inferior picture compared to OLED LG.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by JohnGCI This message was authored by: JohnGCI

Hi all

Just switched to stream in Jersey. Did any of you have an issue getting the VAT removed from your monthly subscription.

?

Mine was removed for the normal sky TV package but they are currently looking at my first bill as the VAT was not removed like I was expecting having asked the question before switching.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@JohnGCI wrote:

Hi all

Just switched to stream in Jersey. Did any of you have an issue getting the VAT removed from your monthly subscription.

?

Mine was removed for the normal sky TV package but they are currently looking at my first bill as the VAT was not removed like I was expecting having asked the question before switching.

Hi @JohnGCI I have not asked about VAT for my monthly subscription as it never occurred to me because it was deducted automatically from my old Sky Q account.  Now you have mentioned it I will chase it up. 

When I purchased my Glass TV I tried to get my VAT refunded but they simply refused 😡

@Fothergill1 a call has been raised yesterday and will share when I get a response from it

Many thanks @JohnGCI I would be very interested in what they say.

jsydaryl
Topic Author
This message was authored by jsydaryl This message was authored by: jsydaryl

Hi  @JohnGCI 

As per the advice of @Fothergill1  I called Sky to order my Sky Stream puck - this was in April this year.

I spoke with a very helpful and accommodating lady.

I had been a Sky Digital customer before with VAT removal from the monthly cost.  When I mentioned this the lady said that they don't do that anymore.

However, she did say that she would be "able to do something" - with the result that the usual monthly base cost of £26 was reduced so that I now pay £23.  Not quite a VAT exclusive price, but the discount is welcomed.

Thanks for sharing @jsydaryl not heard back yet from my ticket. Will chase.this week and share.

When I ordered I was told the VAT would be removed when it automatically recognises the geographical location 

@JohnGCI My VAT was definitely removed when I had Sky Q but I don't think it is on Glass.  They flatly refused to remove the VAT on the Glass TV which was disappointing to say the very least.

The next time I need to phone Sky I will also challenge them on the VAT for my subscriptions.  TBH my  free add skipping is about to expire so I will probably phone to have moan about that.  It's ridiculous to have to pay extra to use your FF button 🤬.

@Fothergill1 @jsydaryl  I missed a call yesterday but having now checked my bills for stream from next month have the additional vat has been removed and shows like the old TV subscription bill with the deduction underneath each one.

Note it is not removed off the Netflix Premium charge but is off the rest.

@JohnGCIThat's great, thanks for letting me know. Did you have to give  them anything such as a reference number of was your Jersey address sufficient?  When they first started deducting the VAT, in the Sky+ days there was a reference published in the JEP which you had to use but hopefully that is no longer the case.

@Fothergill1 only my address with the postcode. 

Thanks @JohnGCI , I'll give them a call in the next few days.  My free Add Skipping is about expire so I need to discuss that with them anyway.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion