Discussion topic: ITVx playlist is unreliable

This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie

ITVx playlist is unreliable

So, leading on from my recent issues regarding the Chase not 'recording' I've now done some checking and anyone expecting playlist to 'record' episodes on Sky Stream on ITV will be sorely dissapointed.  Any other channel, pressing playlist will simply pull down the data sorted by date order (including future episodes).  On ITV, it's an inconsistent mess and severely compromises the platform as you do not have a recording function which you can rely on.

The data is there on ITVx so there is no excuse for this not to work.

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360

Best Answers
bydandie
Topic Author
This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie Answer

Re: ITVx playlist is unreliable

So have spoken to the Sky team again tonight to continue my complaint.  The issue is that Stream/Glass isn't pulling down the programme data from the ITVX servers.  They could replicate and will log a ticket to resolve.

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

bydandie
Topic Author
This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie Answer

So have spoken to the Sky team again tonight to continue my complaint.  The issue is that Stream/Glass isn't pulling down the programme data from the ITVX servers.  They could replicate and will log a ticket to resolve.

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
This message was authored by Chris+Neal This message was authored by: Chris+Neal

I have a similar issue with The Chase on my playlist. It won't offer me the currently playing episode, It will only offer me what's already on ITVx for on-demand playback (i.e. yesterday's), and when I scroll down to "On this week" all it shows is old episodes on Challenge channel. Rubbish.

bydandie
Topic Author
This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie

@Chris+Neal wrote:

I have a similar issue with The Chase on my playlist. It won't offer me the currently playing episode, It will only offer me what's already on ITVx for on-demand playback (i.e. yesterday's), and when I scroll down to "On this week" all it shows is old episodes on Challenge channel. Rubbish.

The issue is with ITVx as the issue is the same on Virgin Stream

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion