Discussion topic: ITVX app is very buggy

This message was authored by ToeKnee60 This message was authored by: ToeKnee60

ITVX app is very buggy

My wife has a problem with watching Emmerdale and Coronation Street via the ITVX app on Sky Stream.
Part way through watching the programme it nearly always stops and just shows a black screen.
If she watches via the ITVX app on the TV rather than Sky Stream it is OK.

Is this a known problem with the Sky ITVX app? If so, is there a way of updating it, or do the apps get updated automatically when new versions are released?

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: ITVX app is very buggy

@ToeKnee60 wrote:

My wife has a problem with watching Emmerdale and Coronation Street via the ITVX app on Sky Stream.
Part way through watching the programme it nearly always stops and just shows a black screen.
If she watches via the ITVX app on the TV rather than Sky Stream it is OK.

Is this a known problem with the Sky ITVX app? If so, is there a way of updating it, or do the apps get updated automatically when new versions are released?

All the apps on Stream are hosted on a Sky server so they do tend to be slower than those on a TV or streaming device which allows the apps to be installed locally. 
Sky's ad skipping 'feature' has also been known to cause issues on the Stream ITVX app so it may be better if your wife continues to use the TV app for the time being. 

This message was authored by Will20 This message was authored by: Will20

Re: ITVX app is very buggy

I've had problems with itv x on sky stream , which I sent back , and now I still have problems with itv x on Apple TV every other tv app works without problems? 
I now watch all itv programs like coronation st on STV , which is scotlands version of itv ,where I have absolutely no problems at all . 
to sum up itv x has definitely got streaming problems on most platforms, but will they admit it ..... No they just tell you to reset your router 😵💫🤭🤪

come on itv get it sorted . 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion