Discussion topic: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why, thi

This message was authored by Kevillie This message was authored by: Kevillie

Re: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why,

We actually paid sky £5 per month which skips ads on all the apps and was working perfect until recently when ITVX has stopped working. It zips along to the end of the ad break then stops. When I press play it resumes the ad again

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why,

@Kevillie wrote:

We actually paid sky £5 per month which skips ads on all the apps and was working perfect until recently when ITVX has stopped working. It zips along to the end of the ad break then stops. When I press play it resumes the ad again

Ad skipping is different to ad-free. 

I don't want to pay £5pm for the 'privilege' of being able to fast forward (badly) through them. I'd much rather pay for them not to be there at all, which is what I do with various streaming services. It's just a shame Sky aren't one of them. 

It gets really expensive that way paying for ad free on all the apps

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Kevillie wrote:

It gets really expensive that way paying for ad free on all the apps

If you watch a lot of TV from those apps (and not from Sky) like I do then it's worth it. 

It also helps that I have a hefty discount on my Sky subscription. I'm still paying less than I did with Sky Q a couple of years ago, even with the ad-free subs to third party services. 

To be honest it's only ITVX that is rubbish. It works fantastically well on everything else 

This message was authored by Paulgoode This message was authored by: Paulgoode

I have exactly the same problem with itvx on sky stream

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yeah I occasionally get essentially no ads on ItV X player via stream, it just plays a blank ad of about 30 seconds before the show resumes. No issue on any other apps.

But it much easier fast forwarding a blank 30 second ad break though so there is a upside to it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Bluegiraffe This message was authored by: Bluegiraffe

The ITVx player is an abomination, a blip in someone's career as a developer, it is slow, poorly executed, bloated and cumbersome. The people who signed of on it should hang their heads.

And thats the good things I have to say about it...

Channel 4 and IPlayer are excellent
Discovery+ is bloated and slow but usable

But thats just me....

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

You would think they would have learnt there lesson from the old ITV player but they created X but clearly it's built on similar software and technology and had a little UI change.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by J_Tyler This message was authored by: J_Tyler

All ITV care about really is making money from advertisers. If you want to see how ridiculously complicated it is, take a look at some of the links on here:

https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/news-and-resources/itv-palooza-2023 

It gets paricularly scintillating around the "Automated Contextual Targeting" area.... some bedtime reading for insomniacs. 

This message was authored by fdkin1 This message was authored by: fdkin1

Where do you enter this code?

@fdkin1 Read post 7 in this thread

NOT a Sky Employee

Same problem on Virgin Stream. Where do you put the code in? There's nowhere in settings?

@Paulgoode wrote:

I have exactly the same problem with itvx on sky stream

Thanks but post 7 only says open the app and enter the code 0 0..... etc.

However when I open the app, there is nowhere to enter a code. If I open settings, there is no option where you can enter a code either. Hence my question, where do you enter the code? Thanks.

@fdkin1 wrote:

Thanks but post 7 only says open the app and enter the code 0 0..... etc.

However when I open the app, there is nowhere to enter a code. If I open settings, there is no option where you can enter a code either. Hence my question, where do you enter the code? Thanks.

You just press the buttons on the homepage. 

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion