Discussion topic: Frustrated with Sky Stream Puck – Where’s the Mobile App?

This message was authored by PalsyP This message was authored by: PalsyP

Frustrated with Sky Stream Puck – Where’s the Mobile App?

Hi all,

I’ve been using the Sky Stream puck since March, and while I love the service, I’m incredibly frustrated that Sky hasn’t designed, or have plans to design, a dedicated mobile app for it.

As someone who is disabled, I find it difficult to navigate using the flimsy remote control that comes with the puck.

It seems like a basic feature in today’s world, especially considering how many people rely on mobile devices for easy access. Having an app would make the service more inclusive and accessible for customers like me who need alternative options. I hope Sky listens and brings out a solution soon!

Anyone else struggling with this? [comments removed]

Moderator note: campaigning removed

All Replies

This message was authored by Stephen+Mourton This message was authored by: Stephen+Mourton

Re: Frustrated with Sky Stream Puck – Where’s the Mobile App?

@PalsyP   Hi, I'm not saying an app for the puck is not a good idea, but presumably even to use an app you need to press something on the screen of your device.  Of course I do not know what your disability is, but would it not be as easy to just press the voice control button on the remote and say what you want?  

It is only a suggestion and I imagine you may have tried that anyway.  

PalsyP
Topic Author
This message was authored by PalsyP This message was authored by: PalsyP

Re: Frustrated with Sky Stream Puck – Where’s the Mobile App?

I am unable to talk too.......

What gets me is that they managed to develop an app for the HD+ box which is old as hell, but "won't" for their new services/devices in a "digital" world........ They have an accessibility team, so, every opportunity to have a focus group to discuss how the services would affect many people, and find ways to overcome obstacles.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion