Discussion topic: Films

This message was authored by DF19 This message was authored by: DF19

Films

Sky takes me to sky movies to purchase a film that I've saved from another channel. Why?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Films

@DF19 wrote:

Sky takes me to sky movies to purchase a film that I've saved from another channel. Why?

Because it depends on who holds the streaming and on demand rights for individual films.

Adding movies to your playlist won't record them for you to watch when you like. It will direct you to whichever service holds the rights to that movie. Some of those services will require a subscription.  

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Films

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DF19 wrote:

The film page from the playlist will typically default to Sky Store or Sky Movies, if the film is available on those platforms. If you scroll down to Available Now on the film's page, it will show all the streaming platforms the film is available to currently watch on.

When you had a film to a playlist it won't necessarily take a cloud recording ( this depends on what legal agreement Sky have in place with the broadcaster over whether the programme can be cloud recorded). In lieu of a cloud recording the film has to be watched from an on-demand service. 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion