Discussion topic: Advantage of using playlist.

This message was authored by Bill051 This message was authored by: Bill051

Advantage of using playlist.

That closed thread about the Tour de France on ITV led me to wonder if there is any advantage or point in using Playlist for programmes that are available in other ways. In that case,iPlayer, ITVX and Discovery+. Which channels are only available to watch later by Playlist?. Similarly lots of Sky programmes are available without Playlist.

All Replies

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Advantage of using playlist.

Any "recordings" are added to your playlist. Can you clarify what your actual question is please and the community might be able to advise you further... We are all Sky Stream users so we might be able to understand your questions if you ask them clearly..

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The playlist will show you all the content in one place from all the apps, so you don't have to keep going into and out of other apps to check if new episodes of your favourite shows are available.

When new episodes are available the shows move to the front of the playlist so it's really easy to know when a new season or episode is available to view.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Further to @MarkGoldsmith  post you can also then click on, and launch the app and go straight to the show from the playlist. Saves a lot of time 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Bill051
Topic Author

@Nigelb1972 

Sorry for confusing you

1 It would have been better for the person to watch the Tour de France on ITVX or Discovery+, on demand, as Playlist didn’t “record” the show and pointed to the Welsh version on BBC iPlayer.

2 In many cases the programmes are not “recorded” but a link is created to the on demand location. In those cases it is just as easy to find the programme by using search. I was wondering if there are any programmes where this doesn’t happen and you must add to Playlist.

3 Many of the programmes on Sky Arts and Sky Atlantic are available on demand so there is no need to add to Playlist.

Bill051
Topic Author

@MarkGoldsmith 

It would be great if it worked if it worked like that.
Last night was the third episode of "Elsbeth" on Sky Witness. I watched the first two but wasn't sure if I added it to Playlist. I had. Despite being the most recent, it was in the fifth slot and so off the the screen.
When I selected it I was taken to the on demand page and asked if I wanted to continue episode 1.
It would hve been just as easy to use search.

@Bill051 

Adding to the playlist is more a way of keeping track of what you are watching and what you want to watch  .... I know I have at least 40 separate shows on my playlist .... I also add shows that I may want to watch in future 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Bill051 

Are you confusing the playlist with the continue watching rail ?

Bill051
Topic Author

@Jporch316 

Are you confusing the playlist with the continue watching rail ?

No. I'm talking about the Playlist/ Most recent rail.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion