Discussion topic: FAST channels on Stream

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

FAST channels on Stream

Do you think Sky will eventually integrate FAST channels within the stream EPG. Virgin have started to do this, there are about a dozen PLUTO channels integrated within Virgin stream EPG. FAST seems to be really taking off, SONY are launching 9 new FAST channels soon on Samsung and LG TV's. With demand 5 being integrated in to PLUTO this yea, will sky have to carry the PLUTO app to provide ch 5 on demand programming. Although I have noticed most of my CH 5 programmes within the playlist are now cloud recorded 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Best Answers
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Re: FAST channels on Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky announced it themselves today: https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-adds-six-new-channels-to-sky-glass-and-sky-stream-for-no-... 

Will also come to Q in app only format at a later date. I'm not sure I see who FAST channels are for on the most expensive pay TV platform in the UK?

I get them on other services, but who exactly are these people watching Dog the Bounty Hunter 24 hours a day on the likes of Pluto and the other FAST services that already exist? 🤔

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jason+Golding  Unlikley as this is a Sky platform not a Smart TV platform.   The 2 shouldn't be mixed up.

Both Sky & Glass are pay tv setups so adding free ad supported channels would be a nightmare.

Given most people would be using a smart tv with these fast channel already there there really is no point replicating the same old on stream.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Jason+Golding
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

good points @GD1 however virgin media is a pay tv service too and FAST channels are integrated in to their EPG on V360 and stream boxes. 

surely if there is a demand for these fast channels, Sky will have to review, the whole idea of glass/stream was everything in one box. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jason+Golding  Irrelevant, what VM do Sky doesn't need to copy.

In any event no one knows of Sky's future roadmap plans as they don't openly publish them, all answers are just guesswork.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

I hope not because FAST channels are just a mechanic for flooding people with more adverts. We've got the FAST stuff on Samsung TV Plus and it's just channel after channel of out of order episodes, old films and generally poor quality content stuck in between adverts..

Jason+Golding
Topic Author

Look like sky have launched FAST channels then 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by ScottishClaymore This message was authored by: ScottishClaymore

I have more info on FAST channels on Xumo Play that they will be integrated into Sky Glass / Stream EPG Tv guide later this year 

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@Jason+Golding why? What's happened? 

This message was authored by ScottishClaymore This message was authored by: ScottishClaymore

Google search Advanced Television it will give you all information what I have seen about it.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Sky announced it themselves today: https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-adds-six-new-channels-to-sky-glass-and-sky-stream-for-no-... 

Will also come to Q in app only format at a later date. I'm not sure I see who FAST channels are for on the most expensive pay TV platform in the UK?

I get them on other services, but who exactly are these people watching Dog the Bounty Hunter 24 hours a day on the likes of Pluto and the other FAST services that already exist? 🤔

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@stereohaven 

Ignore the quality, admire the width; )

Does however raise the intriguing possibility that Q could be repurposed for streaming-only in the absence of broadcast satellites...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Its all part of the Xumo app which appeared today on Stream/Glass.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@TimmyBGood wrote:

Ignore the quality, admire the width; )

🤣

I had Xumo Play app on my Sky Glass since yesterday 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion