Discussion topic: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

This message was authored by Lucy125 This message was authored by: Lucy125

F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

i have been trying to watch the f1 grand prix race and it keeps skipping for 30 seconds and making it unwatchable. I have turned the tv and stream puck off and on multiple times. Refreshed the tv and nothing is working, really disappointing i cannot watch it. Is anyone else having this problem? If so how did you fix it?

All Replies

This message was authored by Thomas751 This message was authored by: Thomas751

Re: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

Sky stream skipping forwards several seconds at least once every minute. Any one else having the same problem? 

Just not good enough when considering what we pay for the service.

This message was authored by Thomas751 This message was authored by: Thomas751

Re: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

I'm having the same problem. Not good enough when considering what we pay for the service. 

This message was authored by Paul2790 This message was authored by: Paul2790

Same issue here. It's been ok on all of the other races but the British GP seems to have the issues when watching back. 

any solutions please? 

This message was authored by theguysayshello This message was authored by: theguysayshello

Hello and Welcome to Sky Community. Here you can find like-minded people who know the best of what they do.

I see you have problem with Sky Stream Box, do not worry as I have same box as well, I can help you out as a fellow customer.

Please Try the following steps:

1. Press the back button (located beside the green Home button) on the remote. This will bring you back to the live instance of the channel. If it takes you to the menu scroll right and click "Watch live"
  2. Open Netflix and sign in if asked. Don't worry about paying as it is part of your subscription, check email you got from sky about how to activate it. Once done, or if already activated Netflix, open it and go to "Get Help" menu on left side of screen and click on Check your network. Speed should be at least 25 mb/s for a good experience. If it is less than that, check on another device. If it is less than 25 Mb/s, it might be time to upgrade your broadband.
  3. Restart your box, by unplugging it, or with EntertainmentOS 1.3 or newer, go into settings, system preferences, then click restart box.
  4. Restart your broadband router by unplugging it and then plug it back in.
  5. these steps should have solved issue, if not please contact sky at https://sky.com/contact

Thank You.

<hr>

I hope I helped you today. Please note that most people on Sky Community are fellow customers, and are not employees.

If I helped you please Like and Mark As Answer. Thank you.

<hr>

This message was authored by theguysayshello This message was authored by: theguysayshello

This message was authored by DJ_c This message was authored by: DJ_c

Same issue. 500mb broadband so is something in the stream service/software. I pay a lot to watch the F1 and usually have to catch up. 

Restated the box etc. So it must be something wrong with the service. 

This message was authored by TheKibster This message was authored by: TheKibster

Im also having this issue. It started with the British GP a couple of weeks ago and now I'm trying to watch the Hungarian GP today on a delay and the recording keeps skipping forward a few seconds. When I try starting the recording again from the beginning the skipping happens in different places. 

This message was authored by SGB017 This message was authored by: SGB017

Same problem for me today. Not good enough for the cost of the service (all the more annoying considering the number of adverts you have to get through when watching qualifying on catch up)

This message was authored by Lesley666 This message was authored by: Lesley666

Pants service for the cost of service keeps jumping and completely ruining the race 

This message was authored by Beka26 This message was authored by: Beka26

@Lucy125  same here! My other half has given up and left it, we are watching it on recorded because we thought it was the live but it's still doing it.. channel 4 highlights it is, we pay too much for this to be happening.

This message was authored by Philip66a This message was authored by: Philip66a

Same issue here - glitches on live F1 stream. Same for British GP. Reset router and puk with no effect. WiFi connection speeds in excess of 45Mbps. If I run the earlier separate build up section with grid walk it plays perfectly. Switch back to live race and it continues to glitch/skip.

Never had this issue with a whole year's F1 coverage through Amazon Firestick running the Now app. It's definitely an issue with F1 on Skystream, and for the money, frankly it sucks... 

This message was authored by SarahKnitter This message was authored by: SarahKnitter

Live F1 rewatch skipping

Last week we tried to watch the Live F1 race show on catch up later in the evening. The program kept skipping, every few minutes it would jump/skip, missing several seconds. Watching a motor race this is really unacceptable. We ended up watching the highlights program instead as that had started not long before, and that program was fine. I assumed it was a one-off, but now we're doing the same thing with this week's live race show and it's got the exact same problem. Has anyone else experienced this?
This message was authored by PerformanceGoth This message was authored by: PerformanceGoth

Same issue here. Any fixes? Really annoyed with this service. First occured with British GP and now its happening with the Hungarian. Its also not my wifi or the speed of our connection. Its unique to this programme alone! 

This message was authored by DH0067 This message was authored by: DH0067

Re: Live F1 rewatch skipping

Yes same for us, misses 3 or 4 seconds every minute or so - always at a vital part of the action, albeit im watching on the catch up. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion