Discussion topic: Ethernet

This message was authored by Yorkiecherry This message was authored by: Yorkiecherry

Ethernet

I have recently connected the puck to the router with CAT7 cable.

Each time the puck is switched on it says there's no WIFI connection? And I have to force it to recognise the ethernet. What's going on?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Ethernet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yorkiecherry   Have you told the puck to connect over ethernet within the settings menu as it won't do it automatically

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Yorkiecherry you need to go into the setings and actively disable WIFI. WIFI is seen as the default, so even if an ethernet cable is plugged in, if the WIFI is still enabled it will keep trying to default and switch back over to it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Yorkiecherry
Topic Author
This message was authored by Yorkiecherry This message was authored by: Yorkiecherry

Hi

I have forced the connection by ethernet. It shows ethernet connection 

Yorkiecherry
Topic Author

Hi

I have done that already 👍

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Yorkiecherry wrote:

Hi

I have forced the connection by ethernet. It shows ethernet connection 

Editing the post as I've just seen your following response 😀

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by 82bit This message was authored by: 82bit

I connect all my Glass TVs and pucks via Ethernet. And turn Wi-Fi off in the settings. They turn Wi-Fi back on themselves, all the time. Another example of Sky's dodgy software. 

~-~-~-~-~-~
Sky Glass 65” with Sky Live
Sky Glass 43” with Sky Live
Sky Stream Puck + Sky Soundbox
Sky Stream Puck x3

BT FTTP:
↓920Mbps
↑110Mbps
~-~-~-~-~-~
This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @Yorkiecherry 

Thanks for using the Sky Community.

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Fanni

Community ModeratorTeam Black

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Yorkiecherry If you have tried all the other steps on this connectivity article https://www.sky.com/help/articles/connect-tv-help-sky-glass-sky-stream-puck and they steps have not worked, then the last thing we would try is step 4 on the below article. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/power-issue-help-sky-glass-sky-stream-puck?irct=help-service-check...

If that does not work then you would need to call the Glass Tier 2 Team. 

🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Yorkiecherry
Topic Author

• I tried the Recovery procedure and it still keeps telling me there's no internet connection. I press the home button and  get all the menus. There's obviously a bug. The puck looks for WiFi and advises there's no connection if switched off via settings despite ethernet connection.
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Might be an idea to request a replacement Puck🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by jspence01 This message was authored by: jspence01

I have just moved from Sky Q to Sky Stream, and I have experienced the same issue. Sky assumes that most Customers use WiFi, hence their products are geared to auto setting to WiFi. Within the Puck settinga you can definately turn WiFi off and set to Ethernet. However, the sky Puck software defiuntaley is looking for WiFi connection. On the basis it cannot find a WiFi connection, it autiomatically assumes no netwrok connection and displays the message 'No Network'. This is rather annoying, especially when the Puck has settings to (1) disable WiFi and (2) select networtk connection as Ethernet. I have found that if you go into advanced netowrk settings when it displays the message no connection - It then allocates / allaocted an Ip Address - press the Home button and hey presto, the dumb puck now realises there is a netwoirk connection all along. Just another Sky idosyncracy which is annoying. 

Yorkiecherry
Topic Author

Thank you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion