Discussion topic: Equally honest review on Sky Stream

This message was authored by DeltaAlphaBravo This message was authored by: DeltaAlphaBravo

Equally honest review on Sky Stream

I've been a subscriber to Sky Stream for a little over a year now. I have had issues with all three pucks since we have had them. I have gigabit broadband into my house with a WiFi 6 router. I own my own telecoms firm, and I've been in the industry for forty years, so I guess I know what I'm talking about when it comes to this sort of thing.

Since day one we have had issues with the pucks retaining a connection to WiFi, I've reported it twice, the first time I jumped through the Sky hoops to prove that this is an issue purely with the pucks, no other device out of the 17 connected, has this issue, I've even changed the router out to prove a point. I've updated the firmware on all three and the same thing keeps happening. If I simply turn the puck on, it tells me its having trouble connecting to my router, if I wait three minutes, it connects, but none of the programs load. I have to physically unplug the puck and plug it back in again to make it work. This happens to all three pucks in the house.

The second call to 'support' recently didn't go well. I was told that because the puck was working now there was nothing they could do. They refused to listen, and I've ended up cancelling the contract. I asked them to replace the equipment and they refused. I'm having to cancel the contract to take out a new one, just to get new equipment. How stupid is that? An out of contract customer that wants to stay, a customer that can leave you, and you don't give a damn. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Equally honest review on Sky Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DeltaAlphaBravo  You certainly have the experience so I hope I am not stating the obvious.  There is a setting within the Settings > Startup & Standby menu to switch ON the Networked Standby mode.  This stope the pucks losing connection to the network when it goes into standby.

I had similar issues when I first subscribed to the Sky streaming platform (Glass initially but now Stream) and turning this option on resolved the issue for me. 

BTW we are all customers here so you are not addressing Sky.  If you feel strongly enough you could lodge a complaint at http://www.sky.com/help/complaints 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@DeltaAlphaBravo  Who is your ISP?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DeltaAlphaBravo 

Normal steaming rules don't apply stream. It's has less of a buffer margin than other streaming services. If it encounters any glitches in the WiFi signal it will lose connection 

small things can affect your WiFi signal like thick walls , other devices etc. what speeds are you getting on your pucks! You can check this in the native Netflix app in the settings section.

for troubleshooting purposes have you tried the pucks with an Ethernet cable to see if the same issues arise ? 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion