200

Discussion topic: Ent OS 1.3

Reply
Reply
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Ent OS 1.3


@D+Hig wrote:

I've noticed the low latency sports channels on 921, 922 are still hidden πŸ€”


It's called marketing.

It means that Sky can put out a big press release announcing the 'raft of new updates' for OS 1.3 and then put out another press release when certain features fully launch. The initial press release did make a point of mentioning that certain features are 'rolling out from May' so there's no specific date given.

From May could mean next week (seeing as we're in mid-June) or it could mean November. It gives Sky's technicians time to fiddle and make sure the platform is stable enough to cope. 

Low latency sports channels are a top priority for them - they are a sports broadcaster above all else and that's where their priorities lie. They won't want any mistakes to occur when they launch, hence the low-key approach, long-term testing and then a proper grand 'now available' announcement at whatever point they see fit. 

This message was authored by mrwwt This message was authored by: mrwwt

Re: Ent OS 1.3


@Padam_Padam wrote:

@D+Hig wrote:

I've noticed the low latency sports channels on 921, 922 are still hidden πŸ€”


It's called marketing.

It means that Sky can put out a big press release announcing the 'raft of new updates' for OS 1.3 and then put out another press release when certain features fully launch. The initial press release did make a point of mentioning that certain features are 'rolling out from May' so there's no specific date given.

From May could mean next week (seeing as we're in mid-June) or it could mean November. It gives Sky's technicians time to fiddle and make sure the platform is stable enough to cope. 

Low latency sports channels are a top priority for them - they are a sports broadcaster above all else and that's where their priorities lie. They won't want any mistakes to occur when they launch, hence the low-key approach, long-term testing and then a proper grand 'now available' announcement at whatever point they see fit. 


Marketing is part of it but it's also about making sure things are actually working before mass-release. They won' t want another "Playlist profiles" incident like last year when they launched it then had to pull it almost immediately.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Ent OS 1.3


@mrwwt wrote:

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@D+Hig wrote:

I've noticed the low latency sports channels on 921, 922 are still hidden πŸ€”


It's called marketing.

It means that Sky can put out a big press release announcing the 'raft of new updates' for OS 1.3 and then put out another press release when certain features fully launch. The initial press release did make a point of mentioning that certain features are 'rolling out from May' so there's no specific date given.

From May could mean next week (seeing as we're in mid-June) or it could mean November. It gives Sky's technicians time to fiddle and make sure the platform is stable enough to cope. 

Low latency sports channels are a top priority for them - they are a sports broadcaster above all else and that's where their priorities lie. They won't want any mistakes to occur when they launch, hence the low-key approach, long-term testing and then a proper grand 'now available' announcement at whatever point they see fit. 


Marketing is part of it but it's also about making sure things are actually working before mass-release. They won' t want another "Playlist profiles" incident like last year when they launched it then had to pull it almost immediately.


Precisely what I said in my post. 

This message was authored by Charlotte19902022 This message was authored by: Charlotte19902022

Re: Ent OS 1.3

I have an Xbox Series X and have enabled game mode settings on the console, but I'm still experiencing input lag. I hope Sky hasn't activated their game mode settings yet because if this is their advertised game mode, I would be very disappointed. It's unacceptable that a TV, especially one that costs so much, lacks proper game mode functionality. Even cheaper TVs have this feature nowadays.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Ent OS 1.3

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Charlotte19902022 wrote:

I have an Xbox Series X and have enabled game mode settings on the console, but I'm still experiencing input lag. I hope Sky hasn't activated their game mode settings yet because if this is their advertised game mode, I would be very disappointed. It's unacceptable that a TV, especially one that costs so much, lacks proper game mode functionality. Even cheaper TVs have this feature nowadays.


No one really knows .... we do know that some features won't be activated straight away and will be added over the next few months 

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Charlotte19902022 This message was authored by: Charlotte19902022

Re: Ent OS 1.3

Was you not the same person that said gamemode will never come to the glass as its not compatible. 

Anyway i did abit of testing and I can't confirm gamemode must not be activated as the input Lag is just as bad as it was before 1.3. 

 

 

This message was authored by Adz6794 This message was authored by: Adz6794

Re: Ent OS 1.3

@Charlotte19902022 what games are you testing with? 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Ent OS 1.3

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Charlotte19902022 wrote:

I have an Xbox Series X and have enabled game mode settings on the console, but I'm still experiencing input lag. I hope Sky hasn't activated their game mode settings yet because if this is their advertised game mode, I would be very disappointed. It's unacceptable that a TV, especially one that costs so much, lacks proper game mode functionality. Even cheaper TVs have this feature nowadays.


The tv was never advertised has having a game mode from release. Kudos to sky for working on firmware to enable it (to a certain degree) 

I'm sure they will announce in good time when the feature has been activated .... patience is required 

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Ent OS 1.3

@Charlotte19902022 @Anyone serious about gaming on tv, shouldn't have bought sky glass. You would have been much better off getting a good LG or Samsung with sky stream

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by mrwwt This message was authored by: mrwwt

Re: Ent OS 1.3

More 1.3 features enabled for me this morning - playlist avatars for one

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Ent OS 1.3

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mrwwt wrote:

More 1.3 features enabled for me this morning - playlist avatars for one


Yes .... the kids ones were available from yesterday. I have a nice scooby doo pic for my profile. Hopefully we will get some more collections in the future. 

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Ent OS 1.3

Where do you see the new updates?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Ent OS 1.3

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony To see the Avatars go to your playlist and select the edit for one of your playlist folders.  Then go to your current icon and select it.  The avatars are then visible.  NB, so far they have only activated the kids avatars.

 

As far as I am aware the avatars is the only feature that was switched on yesterday.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Adz6794 This message was authored by: Adz6794

Re: Ent OS 1.3

I can now see an option for "Auto game mode" in the Connected Devices > HDMI inputs. I'm not sure if that has been there since the 1.3 update or if it's appeared in the last few days

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Ent OS 1.3

Thank you @Fothergill1 

Reply

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion