Discussion topic: Does anyone's sky puck keep showing a technical fault

This message was authored by BertandJoanne This message was authored by: BertandJoanne

Does anyone's sky puck keep showing a technical fault

My sky puck keeps freezing and showing a black screen saying there is a technical fault. We have no issues with our internet so we know it's not that. The local sky shop says it's probably the puck but wondered if anyone else had this issue

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Does anyone's sky puck keep showing a technical fault

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BertandJoanne Have you tried connecting it to the internet via ethernet instead of WIFI ( and disabling the WIFI in the puck's settings, otherwise it will still use it).

What is becomming apparent on this forum, is that a lot of customers are seeing a better experience using ethernet rather than WIFI. Seemingly due to the way the puck is always connected to the Sky servers, and always has a minimum requirement of 30-35 MBPS means that small wifi dropouts (these could only be a couple of seconds and can be common in a lot of home networks where people are using the standard router provided by their ISP), tends to cause the puck to crash and not recover when the connection is restored.

A number of customers, myself included, have seen few to no issues like this once connecting via ethernet as opposed to WIFI.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What is your router to the internet sync speed?

What is your Puck to the internet connection speed?

Use the Netflix ... get help ... Network check ... to measure the Puck to internet connection speed.

Measure it a few times a few minutes apart.

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by BBB003M This message was authored by: BBB003M

Funnily enough mine has always been connected via ethernet and not WiFi so this fix will not work for me personally.

Hoping there are other fixes, as it is getting progressively worse.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion