Discussion topic: Discovery+ screen message “Upgrade your pass”

This message was authored by Marmite61 This message was authored by: Marmite61

Discovery+ screen message “Upgrade your pass”

Been watching Discovery Plus with no issue via SkyStream, but now getting the upgrade message. When I go to Discovery Plus I am told to contact Sky. Having read similar reports here with negative outcomes, I am not prepared to spend hours on the phone trying to get someone to understand what is wrong and failing to come up with a solution. So please can I make contact with a technical support person directly?

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Discovery+ screen message “Upgrade your pass”

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marmite61 Welcome to the forum.  As this is a public customer help forum you are not addressing Sky but I have escalated your post to the Community Messaging Team who will invite you to an online chat.

The link below explains how the procedure works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum (you will need to refresh your browser from time to time until you see the chat bubble). When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or the chat will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you will need to regularly check the chat thread.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Marmite61  an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Nigel19076 This message was authored by: Nigel19076

I used the Discovery +  customer services, they claim it is Sky's problem, but gave me two months free access, until it gets sorted.

Tim
Marmite61
Topic Author

So just shy of two weeks on and still no solution. Had an online chat with a nice chap, but he admitted defeat after running through a few suggestions. He left me with the promise that this was a new issue that was just coming to light and that I should keep an eye out for updates. When I pointed out that, it most certainly was not a new issue - given the number of reports I had seen in these forums, he got rather defensive and said those are not the same issue 🤔

So I am still without Dicovery+ with no resolution in sight. 

This message was authored by Nigel19076 This message was authored by: Nigel19076

Me too, if I could unlink my Discovery Plus and Sky accounts, I think it may help, and then relink them.

Tim

Was in contact with Sky today, they told me to perform a factory reset, which I did, made no difference whatsoever, other than causing me to have to log in again to all my apps.

Tim
Marmite61
Topic Author

So annoying isn't it? 

It really is, they must be aware of it. Find a solution, post it online, those of us who are affected, can rectify the problem.

Not really that difficult is it?

Tim

Have you got anywhere, with Discovery plus ?

I havent .

Tim
Marmite61
Topic Author

Just over a month on and still no word from Sky offering a resolution. I want Discovery Plus back. It is part of the agreed package and Sky is not fulfilling its contractual obligation. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marmite61 A resolution seems to be taking ages so i'm sure many subscribers will agree with you and share your frustration however as this is a customer help customer forum we are all in the same boat.

If you feel strongly enough about it you could lodge a complaint at this link but I don't know if it will achieve anything as I know Sky are liaising with Discovery + on the matter.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion