Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by Doreen1930 This message was authored by: Doreen1930

Re: Discovery plus error 400

I have just been speaking to a customer services guy who gave me a method to get Discover Plus back, without having to do a factory reset. Reminded me of the old Sky HD and Q days when I had to sit on the floor, and pull out the plug and hold buttons and so on. Anyway, if you want to try it,

• Pull out the plug
  • Push in and hold the power button on the side, don't let go.
  • After about 20 seconds, plug the tv back in without letting go of the power button. 
  • When the red light flashes on the front of the tv, you can let go.
  • It will update firmware/software etc. 
  • Relink you remote by pressing 1 and 3 simultaneously
  • You have to press continue, relink the television to your Sky account etc
  • Go to Discovery Plus, then relink that to your Discovery Plus account (not easy steps for me as computer is in another room)
  • It worked for me, I now have D+ back on my Glass tv. This seems to give the telly a bit of a thrashing and makes it think about how badly it's been behaving. 

I have no idea why Sky couldn't put this information out for all Sky Glass users who get error 400. It's a whole lot easier than a factory reset! Anyway, apologies if I have got a step wrong or it's harder than I'm making out.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Doreen1930 wrote:

I have just been speaking to a customer services guy who gave me a method to get Discover Plus back, without having to do a factory reset. Reminded me of the old Sky HD and Q days when I had to sit on the floor, and pull out the plug and hold buttons and so on. Anyway, if you want to try it,

• Pull out the plug
  • Push in and hold the power button on the side, don't let go.
  • After about 20 seconds, plug the tv back in without letting go of the power button. 
  • When the red light flashes on the front of the tv, you can let go.
  • It will update firmware/software etc. 
  • Relink you remote by pressing 1 and 3 simultaneously
  • You have to press continue, relink the television to your Sky account etc
  • Go to Discovery Plus, then relink that to your Discovery Plus account (not easy steps for me as computer is in another room)
  • It worked for me, I now have D+ back on my Glass tv. This seems to give the telly a bit of a thrashing and makes it think about how badly it's been behaving. 

I have no idea why Sky couldn't put this information out for all Sky Glass users who get error 400. It's a whole lot easier than a factory reset! Anyway, apologies if I have got a step wrong or it's harder than I'm making out.

That method is just another way of invoking the factory reset - the reason the steps aren't generally told to people is because the advice from Sky is customers shouldn't just factory reset their devices without being asked to by Sky employee as it can cause other issues and prevent you from relinking the device back to your Sky account ( this require support from the Sky backend team).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Doreen1930 This message was authored by: Doreen1930

This is not a factory reset. Everything is exactly the same, all my programmes on both D+ and Sky were still there, all apps still present and correct. I did not have to start again, just relink telly and D+ with the usual code number online. @MarkGoldsmith , why are you saying this when it's just not true?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Doreen1930 wrote:

This is not a factory reset. Everything is exactly the same, all my programmes on both D+ and Sky were still there, all apps still present and correct. I did not have to start again, just relink telly and D+ with the usual code number online. @MarkGoldsmith , why are you saying this when it's just not true?

Because it is a factory reset. You don't lose things like the playlist from a factory reset as they aren't stored locally on the Sky Stream puck, they are associated with your Sky account and stored remotely on Sky's servers.

What a factory reset does is unlink the device from your Sky account ( hence why you have to go through the relinking) and also unlinks the remote from the device ( again the reason you have to resetup the remote after this procedure). It will also reset any settings changes you have made on the device (like disabling Wifi, or disabling the overnight power saving mode) back to the default factory settings.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion