Discussion topic: Discovery Channel

This message was authored by Geoff-a This message was authored by: Geoff-a

Discovery Channel

Since swapping from sky Q to sky stream my discovery plus subscription has been deactivated. Sky are blaming Discovery . As I subscribe tomTNT through sky I should get all the Discovery Plus premium channels. Although I have 6 months of my contract for TNT I think I have a good argument to get it cancelled and go straight to TNT where I will get the discovery channels. Any ideas on a fix for getting Discovry Plus without getting the upgrade page

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Discovery Channel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You need to add it again, it does not carry over from Sky Q.

Sky Glass

Press Home, then select My Sky at the bottom of the screen.

Or say “Hello Sky, go to My Sky”

Select Sky Shop then discovery+.

Sky Stream

Press Home, then select My Sky at the bottom of the screen.

Or press the Voice button on your Sky remote and say “My Sky”.

Select Sky Shop then discovery+.

Follow the steps in this Sky help article;

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Geoff-a
Topic Author

When I go into Sky Store there is no option for Discovery as it says I already have it

This message was authored by BC92 This message was authored by: BC92

We have had the same problem since moving from Sky Q in May. We have spoken with sky several times and done all the resets they suggest each time - none work. Apparently it is a known issue when switching from Sky Q to stream - though they never mention that when you do the switch. The apps team are supposed to be working on it - and have been since May - almost 6 months and nothing has changed. You cannot speak to anyone else about it - if you raise a complaint they just say there is nothing they can do to resolve it. All you can do is ring again, go through the same "fixes" that do not work - and get nowhere. The support person just fills in a form for the apps support team - no one can actually speak to this team. So basically as a customer you get nowhere, can speak to no one about the issue and are told that no time scale can be given as to when this will be fixed.  So as far as I can see we are all paying for a product that does not work and that sky knows will not work when you switch from sky Q. 

@Geoff-a wrote:

When I go into Sky Store there is no option for Discovery as it says I already have it

You need to do the activation, as described on page 4 of the link above.

You need to redo the activation, it does not carry over from Sky Q.

Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Geoff-a
Topic Author

I have tried it on numerous occasions and it does not work

This message was authored by BC92 This message was authored by: BC92

We have done all of these several times whilst on the phone with sky support - as well as trying everything sky sopport can suggest - including full factory resets- nothing works . We know the activation does not carry over from sky q - but because sky do not sort it out as part of moving you from sky q to stream you cannot delete your existing discovery plus account after having to reset it. The delete option is not there as discovery plus does not think you are a subscriber.  It is a known fault with sky and discovery plus which sky cannot fix at the moment - and sky cannot tell us when it will be fixed.

@Geoff-a 

I've escalated this to Sky and they should be in touch with you soon about it.
Look out for a message from Sky on your email and Sky Community private messages.
Look out for the blue chat bubble within your Sky community.
More about an escalation here;

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Geoff-a
Topic Author

Thanks for doing that 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent Geoff-a  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion