Discussion topic: Continue Watching

This message was authored by Philldean This message was authored by: Philldean

Continue Watching

Hi, we've recently got Sky Stream with a puck in the kitchen and room, when we play an episode halfway through and exit it shows a blue line, however, in the kitchen there is no continue watching? The one in the room is ethernet and the kitchen is WIFi. Are the pucks separate with the watched list? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Continue Watching

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Philldean 

Do you have a continue watching rail ata ll on your puck? If not pull the plug for a few minutes - it should return 

you are correct thencontinue watching and playlist should be consistent over both devices 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Philldean
Topic Author

The rail seems different on each device, same for TV guide favourites, like they aren't synced up and are independent to one another. I mean, we prefer it this way, we'll probably get another if they are separate as we were never a fan of fluid viewing on Sky Q. 

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@Philldean there is an issue with the continue watching rail at present which @KevNewMedia has reported and is under investigation,with reguards to the favourites on the tv guide I do believe theses are independent on each glass/puck you may have and require setting up for each one 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Deedee36 without wishing to resurrect the discussion again I'm wondering it you are still having the same problems with your CW rail. I certainly am with 8 out 20 programmes showing in the rail which should not be there as they have been watched to the end.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Fothergill1 oh I am,I'll let you count how many I have in the video below lol 

……
……
……
……
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Deedee36 There seems to be a little consistency between us as I also have FBI and FBI International as stuck items.  However I watched episode 2 of Inheritance last night and it fell away as expected after I finished watching whereas I see yours hasn't 🤷‍♂️.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Fothergill1its a strange one,I just hope they sort it out soon 

……
……
……
……
Philldean
Topic Author

So far it feels like a very inconsistent product; like it doesn't know what it what's to be. Watched an episode of Succession yesterday and only watched half of it, still showed half a blue line on the episode before I turned the puck off. Turned it on this afternoon, it had no progress, and started from the beginning. This is something I have in a playlist. Just makes me not want to bother if Sky can't. 

This message was authored by VirtuallyVlad This message was authored by: VirtuallyVlad

Resurrecting a zombie by the looks of it, but I've only just got Sky stream and having made it through the bluetooth remote fiasco, (even though it's still an issue) I am now trying to watch the damn thing!

Continue watching clearly does not work (on mine😉). 

Faced with a choice of watch live, continue watching or watch from start, the continue watching does not do anything.

If the programme appears in the continue watching raill, then it does at least try to play, but only from the start.

Any ideas?

@VirtuallyVlad 

This is @Fothergill1 area of expertise 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by VirtuallyVlad This message was authored by: VirtuallyVlad

Thanks @Jporch316

I'm surprised I have this issue in Feb 24, when this thread stopped in Sept 23!

Was there a resolution for it? Or was it just assigned to the long list of compromises that will have to be accepted with this system😄

Looking forward to hearing from someone who knows!!

@VirtuallyVlad 

If you are referring to the continue watching rail then it works sometimes and not other times 

I tend to ignore it and go to my playlist to select the shows I'm watching 

some users have setup a profile to store the shows they are currently watching to make it easier 

Ah. OK.

That sounds like a different issue to mine - although I wouldn't be surprised if I also have that!

Mine is simply that a programme in my playlist that I started watching and then stopped will appear in the continue watching rail, and also in the playlist with the option button to (yes) continue watching. 

However, pressing that continue watching button will not continue watching. It will either do nothing at all, or start the programme from the beginning. 

This is not what it says on the (tin) button!

@VirtuallyVlad 

If it's not the continue watching rail that's a problem then pull the plug for 5 minutes... that cures most gremlins 

the progress bars and episode trackers is also a problem the data seems to be lost after about 10 days 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion