Discussion topic: Constant issues with my puck connection no tv now for 3 days have tried everything….and nothing has

This message was authored by JoHitch This message was authored by: JoHitch

Constant issues with my puck connection no tv now for 3 days have tried everything….and nothing has

Constant issues with puck connection had Jo tv now for 3 days have followed all instructions......nothing has worked 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Constant issues with my puck connection no tv now for 3 days have tried everything….and nothing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JoHitch what exactly have you tried and can you be more precise about the issues you are having?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

JoHitch
Topic Author

Re: Constant issues with my puck connection no tv now for 3 days have tried everything….and nothing

Rebooting Reuter and puck ......pressing the wsp button ...we have broadband connection to our phone and sons Xbox just not to the puck ....but this has been a constant issue since we had it installed just never for 3 days straight 

JoHitch
Topic Author

Have rebooted everything and pressed the WSP button...we have broadband connection to our phones and sons Xbox this has been a constant issue since we had it installed but now for 3days straight 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Is this whilst you are doing the initial setup of the puck and trying to connect it to internet? Or have you previously been able to complete the initial setup and the internet has now stopped working on it?

id suggest trying an Ethernet cable if you haven't already rather than WiFi and then disabling the WiFi in the settings (this is required as it defaults to WiFi if WiFi is enabled).

most people's WiFi connections at home aren't strong and stable enough for glass/stream to work properly mainly due to WiFi interference. The majority of customers (myself included) have had much service using an Ethernet cable. In my case I've got a power line adapter as my puck is too far from my router.

NOT a Sky Employee

JoHitch
Topic Author

Thanks for the reply ...I'm not tech savvy so have no idea what that cable  is 🤣🤣 ....our puck and router are on the same surface 

@JoHitch wrote:

our puck and router are on the same surface 

That may well be the problem. If the stream puck is too close to the router is can be picking up interference which is actually weakening the WIFI strength.  So you could try moving the router a bit further away from the Stream puck and see if it helps.

• Placement: where you keep the Sky Stream puck is important. Here are some suggestions:

• Make sure the Sky Stream puck is well ventilated.
    • Keep the Sky Stream puck or router away from heat, such as vents on electronic devices, radiators and direct sunlight.
    • Avoid placing your Sky Stream puck on a carpet or in an enclosed space like a cabinet.
    • Allow at least 10cm of space above and on all sides.
    • Don't stack other devices beneath, on top of, or beside your Sky Stream puck.

Alternatively you can purchase an ethernet cable from the likes of Amazon for a couple of quid. One end of the cable will plug into the Stream Puck and the other goes directly into your router.

To be honest i think Sky should provide an ethernet cable in the box with the puck, as they are cheap and i reckon most customers end up having to use them rather than Wifi for a better performance.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion