Discussion topic: Catch up? I don’t know

This message was authored by Stream+newbie This message was authored by: Stream+newbie

Catch up? I don’t know

Just got sky stream after having the forerunner of sky plus hd for many years. It doesn't do live tv like I'm used to but hey ho I will get used to it. Never been one for catch up or whatever else it might be called so don't know how to work it.

as usual some series I never watched first time around I will watch as they come around again.  Never saw " the last of us " so thought I might watch it.  Don't know how to find any of this stuff.  Thought I would try to find it and came across episode 1 by chance and watched it. Not exactly the sound of music but maybe it's reverse psychology, it's that grim and makes real life look great. So having watched the first episode how can I see the next episode and or when is it available to watch, is it any time I want. It's all a mystery to me 

All Replies

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker

Re: Catch up? I don’t know

Once you've watched an episode of something, the nest episode should appear on your Continue Watching rail (one of the rows near the top).

Otherwise once you've found a series/show you like the look of, either via browsing or searching, click the + button on your Stream remote control - this will add it to your playlists (one of the boxes at the top of the Stream Home Screen). Think of it as bookmarking a show.

You can then go into your playlists and see everything you've added/bookmarked and go straight to playing it. 

It might take a little getting used to having come from the Sky+HD recordings world, but it should click soon enough. Between the Continue Watching rail and your playlists, you'll hopefully find jumping back into shows that you've watched or have added to watch later much easier.

If your Home Screen is similar to mine, if you click down all the way to the bottom, there should be a number of short 'Welcome to Sky Stream' demo videos that will take you through how Continue Watching, Playlists and the rest of the Sky Stream system works. The same videos are also on YouTube if you search for 'Sky Stream Explained'.

Feel free to post back here if you come unstuck.

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.
Stream+newbie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stream+newbie This message was authored by: Stream+newbie

Thanks. Btw I didn't have sky plus hd. I had what came before with no recording facility and is far easier to use. Wife is still using it as stream is way beyond her. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Easiest way to find things is press the voice button on the remote and say to the remote the name of the show you want to watch 

for example "the last of us"

it will then pop up on the screen and give you the option of playing the next unseen episode 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Stream+newbie
Topic Author

So hold the voice button down while speaking.  Sounds silly to ask but the way things work now that seems too simple 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stream+newbie 

Yes that's right - a bit like Star Trek .......

works almost 100% of the time 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion