Discussion topic: Archive purchased films on stream

This message was authored by Whisperscat This message was authored by: Whisperscat

Archive purchased films on stream

Hello. New to sky stream. I see movies I bought a long time ago and will never watch again. Can they be archived? There doesn't appear to be an option.

Best Answers
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

Re: Archive purchased films on stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Whisperscat wrote:

Not answering my question though. What joy did you get out of that?

I think your question and the answer given by  @Mister_Dalek was correct

Sky Stream and my LG tv don't have a hard drive

So in the purchase section of the Sky Store app on both Sky Stream and LG tv your movie titles are there to stream when you like

Sky Q has a hard drive so any purchased movies can be downloaded to the Sky Q box which takes up space you can archive these movies and re- download them when required the movie titles are still displayed but unlike Sky Stream if you select a movie it will stream straight away with Sky Q you have to wait for the movie to download to the box again

Screenshot_20240815-040341_Chrome.jpg

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-store-using-sky-store

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Whisperscat wrote:

Hello. New to sky stream. I see movies I bought a long time ago and will never watch again. Can they be archived? There doesn't appear to be an option.

There isn't they will just remain within your Sky Store account.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Whisperscat wrote:

You don't need to archive them. You don't own physical copies of them, you just own the right to stream them from your Sky Store account. They're not taking up much space anywhere as they are each just a single file stored on a server somewhere which anyone who's purchased that movie can stream on demand. 

Whisperscat
Topic Author
This message was authored by Whisperscat This message was authored by: Whisperscat

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Whisperscat wrote:

I apologise if you found the information I provided you with to be useless. 

Your question was answered. The answer was no. I provided additional information which you can take or leave. 

Have a wonderful day. 

Whisperscat
Topic Author

You're very weird 

@Whisperscat wrote:

You're very weird 

And proud of the fact. 😁

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

@Whisperscat wrote:

I think your question and the answer given by  @Mister_Dalek was correct

Sky Stream and my LG tv don't have a hard drive

So in the purchase section of the Sky Store app on both Sky Stream and LG tv your movie titles are there to stream when you like

Sky Q has a hard drive so any purchased movies can be downloaded to the Sky Q box which takes up space you can archive these movies and re- download them when required the movie titles are still displayed but unlike Sky Stream if you select a movie it will stream straight away with Sky Q you have to wait for the movie to download to the box again

Screenshot_20240815-040341_Chrome.jpg

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-store-using-sky-store

Whisperscat
Topic Author

Thank you Best

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Weird ... that was the answer given in post 3🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Weird ... that was the answer given in post 3🤔

That's why I mentioned @Mister_Dalek answer was correct in the first place  @Exiled-in-HH 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion