Discussion topic: Apple TV app very flakey

This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona

Apple TV app very flakey

Just tried again to use the Apple TV app and it just keeps stuttering, stopping and generally unwatchable. Luckily I have a Roku stick where is works flawlessly. Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

Best Answers
CinderKona
Topic Author
This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona Answer

Re: Apple TV app very flakey

Spoke to Sky and we've been through some diagnostics and they think it's a corrupt file on the puck. Getting a new one.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CinderKona there are reports of various apps hsving issues posted but in general the Apple TV app should be reliable. It is worth using the refresh the apps option at the bottom of the settings menu as thst clears any corrupted data. Otherwise it coukd beca bandwidth issue as Apple TV+ carries a lot of high quality UHD programming which could be pushing the limits of the connection from your router to the hub. If it is a bandwidth issue and you watch a Sky Sports UHD content that would behave simlarly.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CinderKona wrote:

Just tried again to use the Apple TV app and it just keeps stuttering, stopping and generally unwatchable. Luckily I have a Roku stick where is works flawlessly. Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

Hi @CinderKona 

@I use the Apple TV app a fair bit and have only come accross 2 issue in the last few months where I had a blank screen. Quick pulling of the plug resolved this . 

I've not seen any other posts similar to yours ....... try a reboot by pulling the plug or there is a setting called "refresh apps" that works in the background over a few hours .

its good practice to exist all apps using the back button to close them after each use (and not just prsssing home button)

also what speeds are you getting to your device ? You can check this via the Netflix app in the settings menu 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
CinderKona
Topic Author
This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona

Thanks - Netflix speed came out at 89.9.

It is just the Apple app - all the diagnostics and resolutions you have recommended I have tried. Of the apps I use, only the Apple app is not working as expected.

CinderKona
Topic Author
This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona Answer

Spoke to Sky and we've been through some diagnostics and they think it's a corrupt file on the puck. Getting a new one.

CinderKona
Topic Author

Well as a final update: new puck arrived this morning and no issues with Apple TV app.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion