Discussion topic: Why bother charging for UHD/Atmos and Add Skipping extras?

This message was authored by gmhaggis This message was authored by: gmhaggis

Why bother charging for UHD/Atmos and Add Skipping extras?

Why do Sky even bother with charging for the UHD/Atmos and Ad skipping packages?  I have had them both for 3 successive free offers.  Now being offered for a 4th time!!  Not complaining, but they obviously dont see them as premium extras if keep offering for free!!

Just to add, unless you have sports or Sky movie packages,  not worth paying for the UHD/Atmos.  It doesnt effect availability in the non-Sky apps such as Disney+, Netflix...  Also the Ad Skipping isnt available in all apps and for this it is, has very ropey behaviour..

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Why bother charging for UHD/Atmos and Add Skipping extras?

@gmhaggis 
I did the same during my time with Stream. I had ad skipping & UHD/Atmos free for over 9 months before I quit. The 2 or 3 months free would always reappear on the MySky app the day after the previous offer ended. 
You just need to remember to cancel the offers every time but that's not difficult to do on the app. 

This message was authored by Luke-Cal This message was authored by: Luke-Cal

That's interesting to know, I've got add skipping for 2 months free that has just come to an end, might cancel it and see if they offer it again 😀

This message was authored by TheMoxhams This message was authored by: TheMoxhams

Did you have to pay for it initially before you got any deals?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TheMoxhams wrote:

Did you have to pay for it initially before you got any deals?

My first month on getting Sky Stream was the £5 paid for option, had no choice not to have it.

I cancelled it on day one after I activated my Sky Stream and have since had the two months free offer. Cancel it in your managed packs within the second month, so you do not get charged for the next available month and may show in your managed packs as another free month or two month option.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

The existing customer deals are not account specific online, they are available to all customers, the length however will vary dependant on your VIP status normally between 2 and 4 months. Check the link https://www.sky.com/deals

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Dominic332 This message was authored by: Dominic332

Hi everyone, im new to SKY i joined in June this year, quick question reguarding ad skipping i took out a two month offer just wondering, if lets say someone cancels the offer before offer end date do you still have ad skipping functioning up to offer end date?

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Dominic332 wrote:

Hi everyone, im new to SKY i joined in June this year, quick question reguarding ad skipping i took out a two month offer just wondering, if lets say someone cancels the offer before offer end date do you still have ad skipping functioning up to offer end date?

Yes. Then check the MySky app after the offer ends and the offer should re-appear. Re-apply it and repeat... 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion