Discussion topic: Finding free movies for Sky VIP reward

This message was authored by elkay62 This message was authored by: elkay62

Finding free movies for Sky VIP reward

I've followed the link from the email telling me about claiming a free movie. Unfortunately, this has given me what looks like a list of every movie in the Sky Store, so I have to click on each movie individually to see if it is free. Most aren't! I have found a couple that are free, so I know it is recognising I am entitled to a free movie. But these are movies I'm not interested in...e.g. are free elsewhere or upcoming on Sky CInema.

Is there a way to filter the list, so that I can only see the movies that are free? 

Best Answers
elkay62
Topic Author
This message was authored by elkay62 This message was authored by: elkay62 Answer

Re: Finding free movies for Sky VIP reward

I ended up finding a suitable movie that was eligible for the reward, so didn't need to contact the live chat.

The conclusion I draw from my efforts:

- There is a bug in the list supplied for VIP Gift selection, that either includes movies not eligible for the offer, or does not carry the offer through when you select the movie from the list. I think it is some of the more recent releases that don't have the "eligible" flag marked.

- The supplied list is exceedingly difficult to browse through, as there are no filters or prices  or sorting available on the VIP gift selection.

- A much better solution would be to add a filter to the Browse section of the Movies, so you could filter and sort to find movies, and also filter it to movies eligible for the offer.

I don't expect Sky is interested in investing in changes to make the experience better, as it is "only" rewards.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

These are the VIP titles which you can purchase one of so long as they show as being £0.00 for you:

https://www.skystore.com/n/mvse/all-offers/sky-vip-welcome-gift?

After which you can then send the film to your Sky box if needs be.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
elkay62
Topic Author

@caesarome  That link is exactly my problem. When you click through, it lists loads of movies - not just the ones that are free as a reward.

It's a pain to pick a movie, click on it, find it isn't free, and have to go back to the list again. Repeat ad infinitum....

I was hoping that there would be a way to only see the movies which the offer applies to. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It is a very long list but that is the list for the free VIP movies so if they are not showing as being £0.00 then you will need to contact Sky Store support. They have a live chat you can use that is available from 11am-7.30pm Monday to Saturday and can be found here:

https://www.skystore.com/help/contact-us

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi @elkay62 

Just in case your offer is not the "welcome " gift and is an "existing VIP" offer - does this list give you different choices ?

https://www.skystore.com/n/mvse/sky-vip/sky-vip-gift 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

elkay62
Topic Author

@mike+simmonds 

This produces the same list, with the same problems. Some movies are priced at £0.00, but some are normal prices. It seems to be some of the latest movies are not available at £0.00, although some new releases are free.

I suspect that there is some sort of bug with the list. Either it is including movies in the list that are not part of the offer, or it is not showing the offer on some of the movies even though it should apply.

I haven't contacted the live chat yet as I haven't picked a movie yet.

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Thanks @elkay62 

When you get through to Skystore- If you find a resolution you think might help others - do post it back on here. 

good luck 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

elkay62
Topic Author
This message was authored by elkay62 This message was authored by: elkay62 Answer

I ended up finding a suitable movie that was eligible for the reward, so didn't need to contact the live chat.

The conclusion I draw from my efforts:

- There is a bug in the list supplied for VIP Gift selection, that either includes movies not eligible for the offer, or does not carry the offer through when you select the movie from the list. I think it is some of the more recent releases that don't have the "eligible" flag marked.

- The supplied list is exceedingly difficult to browse through, as there are no filters or prices  or sorting available on the VIP gift selection.

- A much better solution would be to add a filter to the Browse section of the Movies, so you could filter and sort to find movies, and also filter it to movies eligible for the offer.

I don't expect Sky is interested in investing in changes to make the experience better, as it is "only" rewards.

This message was authored by Rhia This message was authored by: Rhia

I gave up after scrolling through 8 pages of movies. 

Was such a waste of time. 

I am just using netflix now, not even going to bother with skycinema. 

First and probably my last time using it. 

Hi @Rhia 

If the movies you see here are offered at £0 (which they should if you are eligible for a general free VIP movie) - then this link (when you are signed in) should work ok 

https://www.skystore.com/n/mvse/sky-vip/sky-vip-gift 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion