Discussion topic: Buy and keep after leaving sky?

This message was authored by DJ1506 This message was authored by: DJ1506

Buy and keep after leaving sky?

We have finally decided to take the plunge and leave our sky tv subscription. Can anyone tell me whether there is a way to watch films we have previously bought as buy to keep? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR Answer

Re: Buy and keep after leaving sky?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You’ll be able to watch them via the Sky Store Player App

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Your account should change over to a Sky Store only account and you should be able to view them still.

DJ1506
Topic Author

Thanks for the quick response. Good news, is that by logging in online, or will they remain available through the sky box?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I’m not too sure if they’ll be available on the boxes still. Hopefully someone else can answer that one. 

You should be able to view online or via the Sky Store apps though. 

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR Answer

You’ll be able to watch them via the Sky Store Player App

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
DJ1506
Topic Author

Thank this has been really helpful

This message was authored by Lissykins This message was authored by: Lissykins

Hi  Could the OP.please confirm whether it was true that you could still watch through the sky store player app? I will be cancelling regardless but was just wondering the same and all previous posts on this subject suggest you do lose any digital copies purchased (which wouldn't surprise me tbh)

Thanks so much. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Lissykins wrote:

Hi  Could the OP.please confirm whether it was true that you could still watch through the sky store player app?

Yes you should be able to do this but you might need to get Sky to convert your account to a Sky Store only one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

You could buy a NowTv box and use the Sky Store app to watch your purchases too.

DJ1506
Topic Author

Sorry about the delay in responding. I emailed Sky and they will convert your purchases to a Sky Store account, but I never actually got around to digging out the details needed. Most of what we had bought is now available on either Netflix or Now cinema. Also I had read lots of posts about films becoming unavailable after a time even if you did a buy and keep. 

This message was authored by Arfon78 This message was authored by: Arfon78

Im cancelling sky because they put my bills up unexpectedly im trying to find out if i can still watch my films i bought i thought id still be able to watch them on sky box. I wouldnt of bought any if i knew i couldnt.

A p adams
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

This has been answered in the posts above yours @Arfon78.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

You’re out of luck according to the T&Cs Arfon78.

e. You are responsible for any loss or destruction of or damage to Buy & Keep Content on your Device or Box. Subject to 4f, if you delete Buy & Keep Content you have previously purchased and downloaded to a Device or Box, you will be able to stream and/or download it again, and re-send it to your Box provided you remain an Eligible Sky+ Customer. If you replace your Box with another compatible Box (that uses the same or a replacement Viewing Card) you will be able to re-send Buy & Keep Content you have previously purchased to your replacement Box. 

f. The ability to stream and/or download Buy & Keep Content may not be offered to you indefinitely. For example, we will be unable to continue to offer you particular Buy & Keep Content if we no longer have the rights to do so from the relevant rightsholder(s). If we no longer offer particular Buy & Keep Content we will use reasonable efforts to make this information available to you via email, the Website and/or Sky Store app. Please have this in mind when deciding to delete Content from your Device(s) and/or Box, or archive Buy & Keep Content on your Box.

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

@Arfon78 wrote:

Im cancelling sky because they put my bills up unexpectedly im trying to find out if i can still watch my films i bought i thought id still be able to watch them on sky box. I wouldnt of bought any if i knew i couldnt.

Hi @Arfon78 You can still view your purchases via the Sky store website or app on a compatible smart phone or tablet. 

This message was authored by Bleu+123 This message was authored by: Bleu+123

Ditto , I know for a fact that I hav bought certain movies and I can never find them , I think SKY thinks that we wil forget and so now I hav to buy them again 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion