Discussion topic: upgrade from Discovery+ to premium

This message was authored by Chris1950 This message was authored by: Chris1950

upgrade from Discovery+ to premium

I have TNT Sports with Sky Q and discovery+ with them as well. I am getting messages that I can get a free upgrade to Discovery+ Premium but cannot find out how to do this on line. Is there a way or do I have to wait 20 minutes on their customer help line?
Thanks
Chris

Best Answers
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

Re: upgrade from Discovery+ to premium

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@metalmad1983 wrote:

So if I subscribe to TNT through sky my current free discover plus I have from sky is upgraded to premium?  Also I'm guessing you get this on any discovery plus app not just the sky one?

thank you. 

@metalmad1983 if you have the relevant TNT Sports subscription you aren't limited to watching it on the Sky Q box just install the Discovery+ app on your smart tv or mobile device.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Chris1950 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Chris1950 wrote:

I have TNT Sports with Sky Q and discovery+ with them as well. I am getting messages that I can get a free upgrade to Discovery+ Premium but cannot find out how to do this on line. Is there a way or do I have to wait 20 minutes on their customer help line?
Thanks
Chris

Hi @Chris1950 

Provided you are subscribing to TNT Sports through Sky (and not through BT) then you automatically get Discovery Premium.

When you go into the Discovery plus App on Sky Q you will see all available TNT Sports content

This message was authored by metalmad1983 This message was authored by: metalmad1983

So if I subscribe to TNT through sky my current free discover plus I have from sky is upgraded to premium?  Also I'm guessing you get this on any discovery plus app not just the sky one?

thank you. 

@metalmad1983 wrote:

thank you. 

Don't know if that's correct @metalmad1983 

Personally I suspect premium content only applies to Discovery plus App through Sky in this instance.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

@metalmad1983 wrote:

thank you. 

@metalmad1983 if you have the relevant TNT Sports subscription you aren't limited to watching it on the Sky Q box just install the Discovery+ app on your smart tv or mobile device.

This message was authored by metalmad1983 This message was authored by: metalmad1983

Great thanks. Definitely will get it through sky if that's the case. 

Chris1950
Topic Author

THanks for the link. I had been down that path before and it doesn't give - as far as I can see - any way to get premium.

Chris1950
Topic Author

I have the discovery+ app on mobile as well as on TV(SkyQ). 
TNT Sports comes with Discovery+.
I am looking to see how I get discovery+ upgraded to premium for free as SKy tell me I have that choice

Chris1950
Topic Author

You're right, I have been watching TNT on Sky but that is a subscribed package. AS i have TNT through Sky, I am told by Sky I can have discovery+ Premium for free. 
I have discovery+ but cannot see how this is upgraded to Premium. 
I have follwed the links on the Sky pages and have ended up ont he forum hoping someone can clarify what I need to do.

@Chris1950 wrote:

You're right, I have been watching TNT on Sky but that is a subscribed package. AS i have TNT through Sky, I am told by Sky I can have discovery+ Premium for free. 
I have follwed the links on the Sky pages and have ended up ont he forum hoping someone can clarify what I need to do.

As I said @Chris1950 

You don't have to do anything extra to get Discovery plus premium if you subscribe to TNT Sports through Sky.

Obviously your free Discovery plus has to Activated which I assume you have already done.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Chris1950 wrote:

@Chris1950 I subscribe to TNT Sports via BT but if I logged in with my BT ID via the Sky Q Box Discovery+ premium at the time wasn't available on the Sky Q  but after the recent update TNT Sports channels are now showing.

Subscribing to TNT Sports via Sky you don't necessarily need to watch via the Discovery+ app on your Sky Q box as you've got the TNT channels via the EPG in the Sports section.

Having a TNT subscription upgrades Discovery+ to premium to include the TNT channels if you cancel TNT sports it will still be the premium version on the Sky Q box but you won't be able to watch TNT Sports without the required subscription 

Chris1950
Topic Author

Thanks
The issue for me is when I use the discovery+ app and click on TNT sports, it shows me a message telling me to contact my supplier, I cant use TNT sports on discovery+ even though I am supposed to have the discovery+ premium service.

Chris1950
Topic Author

I have followed all the links I can find on Sky including the one you sent and none explain how my discovery+ service is upgraded to premium. If you can find that , I would be grateful

Chris1950
Topic Author

Thanks
The issue for me is when I use the discovery+ app on my mobile and click on TNT sports, it shows me a message telling me to contact my supplier, I cant use TNT sports on discovery+ even though I am supposed to have the discovery+ premium service.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion