Discussion topic: poor sound quality sky football

This message was authored by LANXMAN This message was authored by: LANXMAN

poor sound quality sky football

sky football commentary volume is too low compared to crowd noise. It is only an issue with Sky. BBC, ITV  and everything else is fine. Watching Brentford v Spurs now, the background crowd noise is deafening but  I can hardly make out anything commentators are saying.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: poor sound quality sky football

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LANXMAN 

If this continues to be an issue for you you could email the Viewer Relations Team at viewerR@sky.uk

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by JDS2 This message was authored by: JDS2

Nice to see see Sky take comments on board & action them.Read previous posts about the commentary sound level being way to low back in August-still the same watching Everton v Man Utd today crowd defending can't hear commentary. Surely they have a sound engineer somewhere to keep altering this? Rumours had it last week Sky might lower the crowd noise levels to block out protests if they can do that why not do it so the commentary can be heard. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@JDS2 

Watching that game on my mini box. Sound level is fine although Gary Neville's commentary seems slightly louder. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was watching via sky stream & although my hearing isn't what it was 20 yrs ago & having played with the sound settings on my TV & sound system it's not what it should be. Watching football on BBC, ITV, TNT, VIAPLAY & Bundersliga on sky absolutely no problem.

LANXMAN
Topic Author
This message was authored by LANXMAN This message was authored by: LANXMAN

Re: poor sound quality sky football.

After trying every option with the sound on tv, sound bar and through external speakers direct from sky box I have come to the conclusion that it is deffinatly a problem with sky. the background crowd noise is far to loud, it overpowers the commentry. As stated before there is absolutly no problem with other chanels.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@LANXMAN wrote:

After trying every option with the sound on tv, sound bar and through external speakers direct from sky box I have come to the conclusion that it is deffinatly a problem with sky. the background crowd noise is far to loud, it overpowers the commentry. As stated before there is absolutly no problem with other chanels.

I watch just about every PL Game on Sky and have never experienced this. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Presumably the 5.1 mix has commentary on the centre speaker (maybe) and the crowd on the rears and fronts, so bumping up the centre channel should help?

Ok see where your coming from but altering the sound for sky also alters the sound for all channels & from a football coverage point of view all the other channels don't have the same problem. 

So currently watching Fulham v Wolves & the sound is spot on, good background ground sound & commentary to the front. Would say this proves that the problem lies with the outside broadcast sound team at each event. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion