Discussion topic: mute

This message was authored by precinct88 This message was authored by: precinct88

mute

my sky box has no sound. Have tried muting and unmuting box, muting and unmuting tv, switching everything off and on again. Still no sound at all.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: mute

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@precinct88 wrote:
my sky box has no sound. Have tried muting and unmuting box, muting and unmuting tv, switching everything off and on again. Still no sound at all.

hi @precinct88 

When you say everything does that include a complete power down (i.e. switch off or remove plug) of your TV.

We often find that a power down of the TV restores sound for people

precinct88
Topic Author
This message was authored by precinct88 This message was authored by: precinct88

yes, switched off at plugs too. TV has sound but not sky box.

@precinct88 wrote:

yes, switched off at plugs too. TV has sound but not sky box.

Can I suggest you try toggling the setting in :

Home - Settings - Setup - Audio Visual

Set to a different setting & fully exit

Then go back and change back to the one you normally use.

precinct88
Topic Author

still nothing

@precinct88 wrote:

still nothing

Have you also tried unplugging the HDMI cable at both ends and then plugging back in - I am guessing you probably have but, if not, I suggest you try this also.

BTW Can I just double check that you only use your TV for sound and not a Sound bar or AV amp

Also can you confirm what your usual setting is - is it Normal or Dolby Digital ?

precinct88
Topic Author

confirm only use tv. Good suggestion re cable, will get my son to try when he gets home from work as fiddly to get to. 👍 thanks

@precinct88 wrote:

confirm only use tv. Good suggestion re cable, will get my son to try when he gets home from work as fiddly to get to. 👍 thanks

I hope that does the trick for you. 

After that I admit I am running out of ideas  - often the complete power down does cure such problems

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion