Discussion topic: mini box will not reconnect

This message was authored by 784856clock This message was authored by: 784856clock

mini box will not reconnect

sky mini box will not reconnect after the power has been off, it will start with the black screen hello etc then shows the blue screen and asks to press home when showing blank screen, then nothing happens left for an hour and nothing tried a few times but it will not do anything past first blue screen.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: mini box will not reconnect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@784856clock wrote:

sky mini box will not reconnect after the power has been off, it will start with the black screen hello etc then shows the blue screen and asks to press home when showing blank screen, then nothing happens left for an hour and nothing tried a few times but it will not do anything past first blue screen.

Hi @784856clock 

Does the led on the front right of the mini stay amber and not turn green.

If it does press this Amber led (it is the box standby button).

If this turns the box on then

With the mini box on with green led try completly resetting your mini Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the mini box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

784856clock
Topic Author
This message was authored by 784856clock This message was authored by: 784856clock

I cant explain it but after trying 10 times last night it connected first try this morning i have not a clue why?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I would unplug your mini box, SKYBOX and Router. Then plug them back in, in reverse order. I would wait for main box to connect first before plugging in the mini box. Hope this helps, did for me. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion