Discussion topic: Iplayer buts in

This message was authored by dfnvbsezcxtyekzke This message was authored by: dfnvbsezcxtyekzke

Iplayer buts in

I don't want the Sky Q box to make iPlayer available at all, but it seems the user has no choice - lumbered.

I also do not want the "restart" program and so haveto dismiss the message repeatedly.

Worse than these is that iPlayer will fire up occasionally when I least expect it and it takes several steps to get out of it. 

I am not pressing the red button - something else seems to decide that I have asked for iPlayer, and I haven't. Can anything be done to completely avoid these unwanted interventions ?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Iplayer buts in

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dfnvbsezcxtyekzke wrote:

I don't want the Sky Q box to make iPlayer available at all, but it seems the user has no choice - lumbered.

I also do not want the "restart" program and so haveto dismiss the message repeatedly.

Worse than these is that iPlayer will fire up occasionally when I least expect it and it takes several steps to get out of it. 

I am not pressing the red button - something else seems to decide that I have asked for iPlayer, and I haven't. Can anything be done to completely avoid these unwanted interventions ?

Hi @dfnvbsezcxtyekzke 

Afraid there are no settings in Q limiting BBC iPlayer .

When first selecting programs Sky has reduced the amount of time that the Watch from start options remain on the screen.

Selecting any BBC on demand option will fire up iPlayer.

Have experienced the issue here when selecting some BBC recordings to watch.  As far as I can see here it is because I use a Touch remote and sometimes when pressing the centre button option I inadvertently slip onto one of the direction buttons and get the wrong option.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion