Discussion topic: how to get a new remote control???

This message was authored by Salbo1970 This message was authored by: Salbo1970

how to get a new remote control???

My remote control has stopped working. I've tried new batteries and a re-set, however the re-set failed. I've gone to the page on Sky's website that says 

Lost, stolen or damaged Sky Q equipment

If your Sky Q equipment has been lost, stolen, or damaged you'll need to contact us using the ‘Still need a hand’ section below to replace your remote. The quickest option is to fill out the online form.

If your Sky Q equipment is not working for another reason, follow the available troubleshooting online before contacting us.

Did you get the help you need?

Our contact centres are particularly busy and we're sorry if call queues are longer than normal right now. Please follow our help guides before calling.

Yes, that workedNo, I still need help

As you can see - there is no "need a hand" section shown!!! And - as per usual - Sky's contact centres are too busy for me to want to hang on the phone for hours on end hoping someone will answer. 

Sooooo fed up with their web pages being this unhelpful - if you say there's a link to "Still need a hand" then have the link there! 

Anyone know how I'm meant to get a new remote control when they refer to a link that isn't there and aren't answering their phones??? TIA.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: how to get a new remote control???

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Salbo1970 
After checking the basics, ie; fresh batteries, re-pairing etc if your Sky Q remote is definitely broken/faulty, if you follow this link it should allow you to do some more troubleshooting and then it’ll send you to a form to request a replacement (apparently this is not available to customers in the ROI).
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment#get-in-touch

(may be different to what you've already seen)

It may be quicker to purchase a new remote from a retailer or larger supermarket. If you do that as well as the above you’ll have a spare.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion