Discussion topic: discoveryplus cannot log into my account after new update. the new link they give me does not work.

This message was authored by astra+neverwinter This message was authored by: astra+neverwinter

discoveryplus cannot log into my account after new update. the new link they give me does not work.

I have been getting free discoveryplus for about 6 months now but since the new update i cannot get it anymore. The new link they give me will not work. I just get a blank screen I have noticed that it changes from http to https automatically and up comes a blank screen and i cannot get into my account to put in the number code. Any ideas please

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: discoveryplus cannot log into my account after new update. the new link they give me does not wo

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@astra+neverwinter wrote:

The new URL link does not work for me i just get a blank page

I think you may have to clear your browser cache and/or cookies (or try a different browser) 

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: discoveryplus cannot log into my account after new update. the new link they give me does not wo

I have been getting free discoveryplus for about 6 months now but since the new update i cannot get it anymore. The new link they give me will not work. I just get a blank screen I have noticed that it changes from http to https automatically and up comes a blank screen and i cannot get into my account to put in the number code. Any ideas please

@astra+neverwinter 

Discovery have updated the app on Sky Q so you will need to log in again try the following

Follow the instructions you see onscreen when launching the Discovery+ app
Select Log In and NOT Sign up or Continue with Sky activation 
You'll be taken to the screen with the activation code and a new URL link for Discovery which is discoveryplus.com/link
Log on to your Discovery+ account
Enter the activation code - this will activate your Sky Q box

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
astra+neverwinter
Topic Author
This message was authored by astra+neverwinter This message was authored by: astra+neverwinter

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

I think you may have to clear your browser cache and/or cookies (or try a different browser) 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@astra+neverwinter Try the following

Follow the instructions you see onscreen when launching the Discovery+ app

Select log in
You'll be taken to the screen with the activation code and a new URL link for Discovery which is https://auth.discoveryplus.com/gb/link you need to do this part on your mobile, tablet, laptop etc
Log on to your Discovery+ account
Enter the activation code - this will activate your Sky Q box/Sky Glass

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
astra+neverwinter
Topic Author

the link you gave me does not work i just get a blank page

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@astra+neverwinter try a different browser as it works perfectly fine for me 

Laing1_0-1642857001120.png

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Laing1 wrote:

@astra+neverwinter try a different browser as it works perfectly fine for me 

I got the blank page also - as I didn't want to clear all my cookies I used a different browser & that worked without a problem  (hence my earlier response)

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@nigea99 wrote:

I got the blank page also - as I didn't want to clear all my cookies I used a different browser & that worked without a problem  (hence my earlier response)

I've just used the link in Safari, on MacOS and it loads without issue (normal, not incognito)

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Clueless-sky This message was authored by: Clueless-sky

Hi,

none of these links are working for me. I can log into my discovery+ acc via my phone or laptop but it doesn't give me a pop up to add the code to activate device or anywhere to let me add new device...any help would be massively appreciated. 

thanks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

As suggested above have you tried a different web browser ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Clueless-sky wrote:

Hi,

none of these links are working for me. I can log into my discovery+ acc via my phone or laptop but it doesn't give me a pop up to add the code to activate device or anywhere to let me add new device...any help would be massively appreciated. 

thanks

hi @Clueless-sky have you used the specific URL given above - it is not a link from within the app

This message was authored by Clueless-sky This message was authored by: Clueless-sky

Hi @nigea99 

Thanks for replying yes Iv copied exactly how you wrote and have copy n pasted it it just doesn't work I can log in fine and watch via laptop or tablet just can't link my Sky Q to it. 

astra+neverwinter
Topic Author

thanks i used Firefox and it worked once again thank ever so much

astra+neverwinter
Topic Author

thanks a lot i used firefox and it worked😁

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion