Discussion topic: colour saturation on sky q

This message was authored by bash100 This message was authored by: bash100

colour saturation on sky q

my sky q is only weeks old but the picture sometimes is saturated by thr red colour, I have managed to over come this by turning the power of to the sky q box (re booting the system this works. but sa happened several times. any help with be gratfully accepted

Best Answers
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Re: colour saturation on sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bash100 I used to have this and solved it the same way, a sort of red blockiness you could see on skin tones or the blue backgrounds in the menus cleared by a power cycle.

I recently changed all my HDMI cables to certified 8K versions (total overkill but they were on a deal!), and haven't had the problem since.

Can you try a different HDMI cable?

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bash100 I used to have this and solved it the same way, a sort of red blockiness you could see on skin tones or the blue backgrounds in the menus cleared by a power cycle.

I recently changed all my HDMI cables to certified 8K versions (total overkill but they were on a deal!), and haven't had the problem since.

Can you try a different HDMI cable?

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by DHV This message was authored by: DHV

I had the same issue with red saturation. Changed HDMI cable and all sorted. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion