Discussion topic: When watching sky Q I have message come up like technical fault with the channel like Itv1 I change

This message was authored by Lia4321 This message was authored by: Lia4321

When watching sky Q I have message come up like technical fault with the channel like Itv1 I change

I have a technical fault with some of my channels on sky Q I be watching Itv1 and it would come up with that and some other channels as well I change the channel to bbc and then it's fine if I put it on Itv1+1 it works fine with no problems do I need a new sky Q box or is it find 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: When watching sky Q I have message come up like technical fault with the channel like Itv1 I cha

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lia4321 

You haven't said what you've tried already. Have you rebooted your main Sky Q box?

~ Using the remote put your main Sky Q box into standby
~ switch the box off at the plug
~ wait at least 30 seconds and then switch the box back on at the plug
~ follow the on screen instructions
~ when the screen goes blank and the blue Q stops pulsating wait another 30 seconds
~ press the 🏠 button

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Lia4321
Topic Author

Re: When watching sky Q I have message come up like technical fault with the channel like Itv1 I cha

Yes I've done all that and it still mess up had someone out from my housing they changed the cables in the loft this morning and it working fine now not sure how long it will last 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lia4321 

Are you on a communal satellite dish or do you have your own? 

Sky customer since 2001
Lia4321
Topic Author

Yes on a shared dish in a block of flats

@Lia4321 

Then you'll need to report Sky Q faults to your landlord or management company and not Sky directly. They are responsible for organising any maintenance/repairs. 

Sky customer since 2001
Lia4321
Topic Author

Ok thank you for the advice 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion