Discussion topic: Voice control never works properly

This message was authored by Rob74Lynch This message was authored by: Rob74Lynch

Voice control never works properly

Why is it that whenever I say "skip 30 minutes" or "skip one hour", etc... into the voice remote, it always interprets it as "skip 5 minutes", regardless of whatever time I say?

I've tried speaking as clearly as possible, directly into the (clean) microphone - yet very rarely does it seem to understand the time I say, and always seems to respond by skipping 5 minutes at a time!

So annoying when I'm trying to find a place in a movie but have to move in 5 minute increments every time.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Voice control never works properly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rob74Lynch wrote:

Why is it that whenever I say "skip 30 minutes" or "skip one hour", etc... into the voice remote, it always interprets it as "skip 5 minutes", regardless of whatever time I say?

I've tried speaking as clearly as possible, directly into the (clean) microphone - yet very rarely does it seem to understand the time I say, and always seems to respond by skipping 5 minutes at a time!

So annoying when I'm trying to find a place in a movie but have to move in 5 minute increments every time.

Strange @Rob74Lynch 

Regularly use skip here without issues.   Even skip 4 minutes 15 seconds is correctly picked up for skipping ITV adverts

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Voice control never works properly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rob74Lynch wrote:

Although it does get it wrong occasionally for me it generally works.

Can I point out that "Go To nn minutes" is also useful - You can use hours, minutes & seconds or mix e.g. Go to 1hour 15 minutes

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion