Discussion topic: Various! See below

This message was authored by EuniceConnon This message was authored by: EuniceConnon

Various! See below

We are now out of contract and considering our options 

Sky films got added to our package for free because of connectivity issues but only for a period of time so we are now paying for this.  I don't recall being given the option to cancel this when the free period was over. Not impressed with that!

Unrelated, we have bought a new high quality smart TV and the installer said we can't get the best picture quality because we don't have the best sky equipment - news to me. Please check your records to confirm whether the skybox we have is indeed the best we can get.
Can you please answer the technical question above and suggest what new package from sky you would offer us? Ideally we want the basic package plus Netflix not sky films. On calling previously I was offered a price of £62 for basic package plus no ads Netflix but with no films. I was a bit disappointed with this. 
Our internet is through BT and I've already got a very competitive quote from them to add on their offering.
I authorise you to speak not only to me but also to my husband @ Roger Connon about these issues and our account generally. In fact, ideally I'd like him to be the account holder if that were possible. I'm happy to talk to someone in the phone to authenticate 
 Please alter your records accordingly. 
Many thanks

Eunice Connon 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Various! See below

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EuniceConnon 

This is a community where customers help each other so you are not actually talking to Sky so for help with all this I would suggest calling Sky.

150 is the free number to use from a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk phone otherwise under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

When you do call say nothing when the bot speaks to you about what your call is about as it should then route you to somebody.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@EuniceConnon for the best picture quality, you need a Sky box that is UHD capable (not all are) and a viewing subscription which includes UHD. Check with Sky.

You can't transfer account ownership to another person, but you can set up a telephone password with Sky which you can disclose to your husband. That would enable him to speak to Sky on your behalf on most issues - he wouldn't be able to cancel, however.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@EuniceConnon wrote:

Sky films got added to our package for free because of connectivity issues but only for a period of time so we are now paying for this.  I don't recall being given the option to cancel this when the free period was over. Not impressed with that!

Unrelated, we have bought a new high quality smart TV and the installer said we can't get the best picture quality because we don't have the best sky equipment - news to me. Please check your records to confirm whether the skybox we have is indeed the best we can get.
Can you please answer the technical question above and suggest what new package from sky you would offer us? Ideally we want the basic package plus Netflix not sky films. On calling previously I was offered a price of £62 for basic package plus no ads Netflix but with no films. I was a bit disappointed with this. 
Our internet is through BT and I've already got a very competitive quote from them to add on their offering.
I authorise you to speak not only to me but also to my husband @ Roger Connon about these issues and our account generally. In fact, ideally I'd like him to be the account holder if that were possible. I'm happy to talk to someone in the phone to authenticate 
Many thanks

Eunice Connon 

hi @EuniceConnon 

It is not always clear that when SKY (as many companies do) offer free options - even for compensation - that they then don't cancel them ,letting them go onto rolling subscriptions

Unfortunately they rely on the customer cancelling before the end of the 'free' period.

Regarding the best equipment for your new smart TV - technically the TV installer may be correct but this may not be the full story  

If you have a SKY Q box then it depends on the specific hardeware version you have  - look in

Home - Settings - System Info - Hardware Version

If it is 32Cxxx then you have an older 1TB non-UHD Box
If it is 32B0xxx then you have a (V1) UHD but non HDR 2TB Box
If it is 32B1xxx then you have a (V2) UHD HDR 2TB Box (which has a separate Power supply)
If it is 32B2xxx then you have a (V3) UHD HDR 1TB or 2TB Box

However you should note that even if you have a box capable of UHD / HDR  capable box to get  UHD
you need to pay extra to get this & it depends on what you watch as to whether you feel you would benefit from paying for it.

Thus if you have an HD only box, if you don't pay the UHD add on, it probably really doesn't matter 

As @caesarome  you will need to call SKY to discuss your payment, the cancellation of SKY Cinema and any other options

EuniceConnon
Topic Author
This message was authored by EuniceConnon This message was authored by: EuniceConnon

Thanks so much for all your helpful replies. 
I was sent the link to here when I called and thought I was emailing Sky for help! I feel daft!

thanks to all of you 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@EuniceConnon wrote:

Thanks so much for all your helpful replies. 
I was sent the link to here when I called and thought I was emailing Sky for help! I feel daft!

thanks to all of you 

Absolutely no need to feel daft. 

Sky, like most companies, are trying to make the most of their customer communities to assist other customers but whilst we can help & give advice,  many things (including personal account details) need to be done by SKY themselves 

If you do have any queries that you think other customers can help with do not hesitate to ask

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@EuniceConnon wrote:

Many thanks

Eunice Connon 

@EuniceConnon  The onus is on the customer to take the option of phoning to give 31 days notice to cancel otherwise sky automatically assumes customers are happy to continue receiving the service and will charge accordingly until cancellation is requested 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion