Discussion topic: Using mobile as remote

This message was authored by Hjbradn115 This message was authored by: Hjbradn115

Using mobile as remote

My sky Q remote has broken and I have another ordered but in the mean time I wanted to use my ojone as the remote. In the sky Q and sky go app I should be able to go to Settings, then Devices & access my sky box using my phone which is attached to my account. But the only options is sky then devices is the option to delete my devices. I was on the phone nearly 40 mins with a technician trying to figure out why I can't see that option. I have re installed all the apps again incase it needed updating, but still had no look.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Using mobile as remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hjbradn115 wrote:
My sky Q remote has broken and I have another ordered but in the mean time I wanted to use my ojone as the remote. In the sky Q and sky go app I should be able to go to Settings, then Devices & access my sky box using my phone which is attached to my account. But the only options is sky then devices is the option to delete my devices. I was on the phone nearly 40 mins with a technician trying to figure out why I can't see that option. I have re installed all the apps again incase it needed updating, but still had no look.

hi @Hjbradn115 

The virtual remote on SKY Go is currently only available for ios devices.  - although it is planned for Android it has not yet been released

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion