Discussion topic: Unfixable Issue with Multiscreen / No Customer Service Follow Up

This message was authored by Aiden. This message was authored by: Aiden.

Unfixable Issue with Multiscreen / No Customer Service Follow Up

Im having a nightmare with Sky since Friday 31st May. 

I received a call offering Sky Sports Extra as an add on discounted and I was persuaded to try it. When the agent added it, I saw emails landing in my inbox saying that I had cancelled HD, UHD, Multiroom, Nettflix. I asked him what was going on and he said his manager had to delete some parts of my service before he could add Sports Extra. 

I told him that wasnt what i wanted and asked him to restore my account toe xactly how it was. He confirmed that he did. This is where the trouble starts. I still had no HD, UHD, Multiroom or Netflix, or Apps. 

After two more calls by me, and we all know how long these take, most was restored. But still no multiroom. The main box says I dont have the required subscription. My account shows Im paying for it.

I was also entered into a new one year contarct, despite me saying I didnt want a new contract specifically. 

Late evening Friday 31st, bank holiday weekend, they told me nothing more they could do, but they would send an engineer out the following Friday, a week later.  I initiated a complaint on the following Sunday, to get my case on the record, as I had a bad feeling about this. 

To continue my story, I'll  just paste in some of what I have included in my latest email today, which will outline what happened over the past few days:

Hi there,

I have an active complaint ************* and CRF ********

This week, **** called me on Monday 3rd and assured me that she would call me back after the engineers visit on Friday 7th June. He called, his name was ***, couldn't find any hardware issues, spoke to your office in Dublin, paired a new viewing card, and he left, saying nothing he could do. Told me to call in to your office again.

I called yet again, spoke to a guy called ****, who said he would help. he spoke to his Manager, they decided to remove and read multiscreen at approx 10am. he told me I had to wait 4 hours to see if it would take effect. I asked would he call me back at 2 and he said no, 4pm, and I said that's 6 hours, he said that was what his Manager had instructed him to do. He said it would then be sent to CRF team and that they would sort it for me that day as they were very effective.

4pm came, no change in service, and no call back. I called in again, got through to India call centre, they couldn't help, I said Id call Dublin. I called again, got through to Dublin, spoke to a helpful lady who guided me through a software refresh, that didn't help either. She issued me with a. CRF number and told me Id be updated in a week.

I told her that I emphatically insist that my contract expiry date is restored to September 2024. I did not agree to a new contract when ******* caused this issue on the 31st May. My account shows Im in a new contract until May 2025 which I need corrected. The problems all started when ****** made changes to my account. he needs to be retrained as causing this kind of problem for a customer is unacceptable.

We effectively have had no service for 10 days now, as the only box working partially is the Living room main box, like most families, we barely use our living room, the multiscreen boxes are our main viewing in kitchen and bedrooms.

I need the multiscreen restored, and a credit applied for loss of service to my account. I also need my contract corrected to the original end date of September 2024.

SKy customer service has been pretty frustrating, unhelpful and ineffective over the past week. As a 20 year plus customer, Im disappointed in this. When my contract date is corrected, I intend to serve notice of cancellation, and to remove myself from the Sky ecosystem due to the issues I have experienced. I have struggled for over a year to correct an error on my account which indicates I have Sky Glass, and despite numerous phone calls and text chats, the error remains. It's obvious that Sky quality of service is in decline.

I have been patient, and have invested a lot of my time in phone calls, but I simply don't have time to battle for these corrections and fixes to a system for simply watching TV, I intend to take my business and money elsewhere. I trust that you will be fair and reasonable in view of the long standing relationship we have had over the last 20 plus years. Id appreciate if someone could update me daily by phone until these issues are resolved. And I hope that there can be one single point of contact agreed who will not vanish and not call when they cant progress things.

Thats where. things stans, Im literally fed up of the ongoing issues, theres always been some kind of niggling issue on mya ccount for the past few years, mainly started when I tried Glass for 3 days and sent it back, but they never seemed to be able to corrrect that. 

Either way, I dont have time in my life anymore for this kind of issues as Im too busy at work. Wife and family are unhappy as theyc ant watch anything and we got rid of all our Freeview boxes. Wish i had left them in place for times like this.

Has anyone else ever had a Multiscreen issue on Q similiar to this? 

Subscriber since 1992, and ongoing.......

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Unfixable Issue with Multiscreen / No Customer Service Follow Up

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Aiden. , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Aiden.
Topic Author

Thanks for that. I have a pop up appearing, is that it? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aiden. 
You should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

The link added by @Greenfingers001 explains what happens.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Aiden.
Topic Author

Yeah, Im chatting them, but they dont seem to be able to help either. 

My account is tagged as Sky Glass, but its Sky Q - so the Q people in UK send me to the Glass People in India, who then cant do anything as its a Q account. Even the tech team failed to resolve it. 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Aiden. wrote:

Yeah, Im chatting them, but they dont seem to be able to help either. 

My account is tagged as Sky Gllass, but its Sky Q - so the Q people in UK send me to the Glass People in India, who then cant do anything as its a Q account. Even the tech team failed to resolve it. 

Sadly Sky's customer account systems are seemingly in desperate need of major refurbishment. They still seem to think I have a Sky Glass TV. I never have done. I had Sky Q and switched to Sky Stream and have since cancelled but my account still claims I own Glass.

It's very disheartening that a company of their size can get such simple things so wrong. It's probably a by-product of them having several completely different TV systems (satellite & streaming) both in operation and a company takeover by Comcast in the midst of it. 

Many (most) customers have their Sky account functioning satisfactorily and have no problems, but when something simple goes wrong (like accepting an offer made by a Sky customer services person) it seems to go catastrophically wrong...

Best of luck with getting your issue sorted.  

Aiden.
Topic Author

Thank you. 

Yep, this is too much hassle for me, I cant waste much more time on it. Great system when it works, atrocious when it fails. 

Aiden.
Topic Author

So there was an old Sky HD+ box attached to my account as my main box for some reason.

This has been removed, but still no multi screen.

Aiden.
Topic Author

@Greenfingers001 Hi there. 

I lost my bubble to communicate with Sky. They were supposed to install a replacement system today, but didnt contact me to confirm. I need to reschedule for next Friday, but they tell me they cant. Can I reopen comms with who I spoke to last week please? 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aiden. wrote:

@Greenfingers001 Hi there. 

I lost my bubble to communicate with Sky. They were supposed to install a replacement system today, but didnt contact me to confirm. I need to reschedule for next Friday, but they tell me they cant. Can I reopen comms with who I spoke to last week please? 

@Aiden. I have re-escalated this to sky

You may receive an email or a private message inviting you to have a private conversation on the Community with a Sky Expert.

Look out for a chat bubble at the bottom of your screen inviting you to a chat
If you are using the Safari browser please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

The link below explains how the escalation process works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Aiden.
Topic Author

@Laing1 thanks very much, nothing as yet anyway. 

I'll keep an eye out. 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating again. We've sent an invite to @Aiden.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Aiden.  If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Aiden.
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 I still need help, so if you could get Niall back on please, as Id like to keep communication open here until the new installation is up and running tomorrow morning.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

I will send you an invite again @Aiden. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion