Discussion topic: UHD Content

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: UHD Content

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fac10 wrote:

Ah I think you might be falling foul of the often poor set up of the Rails showing content - which don't always show the UHD or HDR versions 

Try using Voice control & see what versions show - all are showing as available in HDR on my V2 box

That worked! Thanks. 

Definitely a bug then. When I searched with the voice control for 'Interstellar' it defaults to HD but gave me the 'All formats' option when I navigated to the thumbnail, I could then see the HDR option. When I located it via the Sky Cinema > Ultra HD>... It only showed as UHD. 

Thanks again @nigea99 and @MightyQuinn 

@fac10 

it showed as UHD/HDR in my search - what have you set as your default download ?

The default is HD 

Main Menu -> Settings -> Setup -> Preferences
(Please note this setting can only be set on the Main box)

edit : BTW the population of the rails is not a bug just poor setting up and QA

This message was authored by fac10 This message was authored by: fac10

Re: UHD Content

@nigea99 wrote:

@fac10 wrote:

Ah I think you might be falling foul of the often poor set up of the Rails showing content - which don't always show the UHD or HDR versions 

Try using Voice control & see what versions show - all are showing as available in HDR on my V2 box

That worked! Thanks. 

Definitely a bug then. When I searched with the voice control for 'Interstellar' it defaults to HD but gave me the 'All formats' option when I navigated to the thumbnail, I could then see the HDR option. When I located it via the Sky Cinema > Ultra HD>... It only showed as UHD. 

Thanks again @nigea99 and @MightyQuinn 

@fac10 

it showed as UHD/HDR in my search - what have you set as your default download ?

The default is HD 

Main Menu -> Settings -> Setup -> Preferences
(Please note this setting can only be set on the Main box)

edit : BTW the population of the rails is not a bug just poor setting up and QA

Sorted that thanks.

I still have the same issue with 'Interstellar' but at least I know to try voice control.

The movie 'It' has the same issue when navigating via Sky Cinema > Ultra HD, > only shows up as UHD but voice search brings up a thumbnail which defaults to show the UHD HDR listing.

I'll make sure to check voice control rather than rely on the 'rails' 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion