Discussion topic: Tv showing NOT PROGRAMMED.

This message was authored by Andrew+Sattertwsi This message was authored by: Andrew+Sattertwsi

Tv showing NOT PROGRAMMED.

My LG tv has suddenly shown, on screen, NOT PROGRAMMED. I have followed the instructions on screen to re programme, via satellite settings and although the process of re programming is shown on the screen with a % bar increasing gradually from 0 to 100%, at the conclusion it reverts back to NOT PROGRAMMED.

Can you help please?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Tv showing NOT PROGRAMMED.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That appears to be a message from your TV and not your Sky Q box so all we can suggest is that yo reboot your TV and try again and perhaps Google the error message for help.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Tv showing NOT PROGRAMMED.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andrew+Sattertwsi wrote:

My LG tv has suddenly shown, on screen, NOT PROGRAMMED. I have followed the instructions on screen to re programme, via satellite settings and although the process of re programming is shown on the screen with a % bar increasing gradually from 0 to 100%, at the conclusion it reverts back to NOT PROGRAMMED.

Can you help please?

hi @Andrew+Sattertwsi 

This is for the TV itself and not SKY.

If this is a freeview Tuner, you need an externai Freeview/Terrestrial Aerial connected

If this is the tVs Satellite Tuner (many do have these) then it needs to be connected to a 'Universal' feed from the LNB - if you have SKY Q then to use the TV's Internal Satellite Tune you would need what is called a Hybrid LNB which outputs both the 'Wideband' Signals needed by the SKY Q box and the 'Universal' signal needed by the TV

Of course you probably don't need either, if you have SKY Q as it has all the Freeview / Freesat channels as well as the subscription chanels & thus you could just ignore the message & switch to the HDMI input that SKY Q is connected to.

Edit : BTW The TVs satelllite Tuner could also be used for a feed from a separate dish poniting at other Satellites to watch Free To Air channels from elsewhere (e.g. Europe) - which mine is

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion