Discussion topic: Stuck on update

This message was authored by Jessica56 This message was authored by: Jessica56

Stuck on update

My sky box started to update itself mid programme at 20.15 and its been stuck on a constant loop of showing me the 'you will be ready shortly...' and then the 'when the screen goes blank...' messages over and over ever since. I phone sky the bloke told me what to do but as took so long he gave me instructions and I followed them with call ended but again hasn't worked 🙄 ive hard reset it, unplugged it, followed all instructions from sky etc any advice?

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Stuck on update

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You could factory reset by holding down the left and right arrow vuttons on the top of the box (not on the remote) whilst powering the box on, this will wipe out all recordings and planner entries

Or force a software udate (see my FAQ) but I'm guessing that is the one Sky gave you instructions for

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
Jessica56
Topic Author

I have a sky q box it doesn't have arrows can I still do this on a sky q box?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

The reason @Annie+UK posted what she did was because you had posted this in the Sky+ box forum so I have moved this to the Sky Q one for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Jessica56 wrote:

My sky box started to update itself mid programme at 20.15 and its been stuck on a constant loop of showing me the 'you will be ready shortly...' and then the 'when the screen goes blank...' messages over and over ever since. I phone sky the bloke told me what to do but as took so long he gave me instructions and I followed them with call ended but again hasn't worked 🙄 ive hard reset it, unplugged it, followed all instructions from sky etc any advice?

Hi @Jessica56

Work through the following link 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on-v2#:~:text=Restart%20your%20Sky%20Q%20box,b... 

Jessica56
Topic Author

Thank you didn't realise I had done that

Jessica56
Topic Author

Already tried these steps 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion