Discussion topic: Sonos Arc and Q sound issues

This message was authored by Benlfc1 This message was authored by: Benlfc1

Sonos Arc and Q sound issues

Having issues with intermittent sound problems with the Sonos Arc and Q, mainly happens when using the apps (YouTube, Prime Video etc.) with YouTube it's when the video is switching to an advert or advert going back to the video sound will stop coming through, I either have to go back to the YouTube Home Screen and select the video again or go to the Q homescreen and load YouTube again it also happens on the odd occasion when flicking through live channels I suspect somesort of transitional issue and Q software problem because I've tested the apps built into the TV itself and everything is fine.

Had Q box and also soundbar replaced, also had an engineer who suspects software problem. Anyone else having similar?

Q box is hardware version 32B206 running software version Q230.000.14.00L (5nf3ptk) 

All Replies

This message was authored by Rustyskye1 This message was authored by: Rustyskye1

Re: Sonos Arc and Q sound issues

Same issue here. The sound and picture cuts out intermittently, no apparent pattern. It gets a lot more frequent when I change Sky Q audio output from normal to Dolby Digital Plus.

Benlfc1
Topic Author

@Rustyskye1 I have mine set at Dolby digital plus and always have. Glad it's not just me though means it's more likely a Q issue than anything else, I've spoke with Sonos and they recommended I buy a HDMI CEC less adapter to put on the end of the HDMI cable for the Q box that goes into the TV, I've got it but just not connected it yet

This message was authored by Millsie This message was authored by: Millsie

Hi there did it make any difference?  I have the same issue. 

Millsie
Benlfc1
Topic Author

Hi @Millsie, the HDMI CEC less adapter did not work no, what did work was changing my audio output setting to multichannel bypass

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion