Discussion topic: Can you use SKY remote to control power on TV, Sky and amplifier?

This message was authored by Sky+Cust+R This message was authored by: Sky+Cust+R

Can you use SKY remote to control power on TV, Sky and amplifier?

I know that you can control power on / off from the sky remotes to a TV and Sky Q box, and I know that you can control amplifier volume from that remote too. 

I'd like to control the power on / off of the amp as well. So one button push turns it all on or off. 

The amp is an old one so does not have HDMI CEC.

I have an old logitech harmony that does all of this at the moment, but its starting to show its age, and none of the other learning remotes really do what I want. 

That is why I'd like to see if  the  Sky Q remotes can be taught to do this. 

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Can you use SKY remote to control power on TV, Sky and amplifier?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sky+Cust+R wrote:

I know that you can control power on / off from the sky remotes to a TV and Sky Q box, and I know that you can control amplifier volume from that remote too. 

I'd like to control the power on / off of the amp as well. So one button push turns it all on or off. 

The amp is an old one so does not have HDMI CEC.

I have an old logitech harmony that does all of this at the moment, but its starting to show its age, and none of the other learning remotes really do what I want. 

That is why I'd like to see if  the  Sky Q remotes can be taught to do this. 

hi @Sky+Cust+R 

I am sorry but the SKY remotes will only power the TV on/off even when a remote is paired with an audio device it only controls the volume of them. 

The vast majority of devices will be able to powered off using HDMI control but, unfortunately, that does not help you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion