Discussion topic: SkyQ connection to multiroom

This message was authored by TimLeB This message was authored by: TimLeB

SkyQ connection to multiroom

I recently got a second multiroom box which I have connected to my Sky Q box. However if both multiroom boxes are switched on I get error message saying too many multiroom boxes connected. My understanding is that you should be able to watch TV on 2 boxes simultaneously. Anybody suggest ideas, setting etc.  thanks

Best Answers
TimLeB
Topic Author
This message was authored by TimLeB This message was authored by: TimLeB Answer

Re: SkyQ connection to multiroom

Hi Daniel

appreciate your explanation, sure enough I have the smaller memery Q box so I understand why I got the result from 2 multirooms. however as I won't need to use both boxes simultaneously this won't be a problem and I don't need to upgrade the Q box. Thanks TLeB

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TimLeB 

It will depend on which main Sky Q box you have…

You can have a maximum of 4 mini boxes loaned to you by Sky. You can watch Sky content on two minis and the main box at the same time. You may be able to use a 3rd mini box at the same time if you’re using it for one of the apps such as Netflix.

Be aware the original 1TB (non-UHD) Sky Q box only allows one mini to be in use. To check if you have the non UHD 1TB box check in:-
Home - Settings - System Info - Hardware Version
If it shows as 32Cxxx then you have a non UHD 1TB that only supports 1 active mini box.

All 2TBs and the UHD/HDR 1TB permit two mini boxes. Each mini box which is loaned to you may be subject to a one off upfront charge but you only need one Sky Q monthly Multiscreen subscription.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
TimLeB
Topic Author
This message was authored by TimLeB This message was authored by: TimLeB Answer

Hi Daniel

appreciate your explanation, sure enough I have the smaller memery Q box so I understand why I got the result from 2 multirooms. however as I won't need to use both boxes simultaneously this won't be a problem and I don't need to upgrade the Q box. Thanks TLeB

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion