Discussion topic: SkyQ Download Failed Item Unavailable

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Jepal This message was authored by: Jepal

Re: SkyQ Download Failed Item Unavailable

Almost 4 weeks now and still getting "failed" on all attempted sky downloads !!! WHEN WILL SKY SORT THIS OUT ??????

This message was authored by grog+arson This message was authored by: grog+arson

@Jepal Have you followed the instructions included in the post 1 above yours, this seems to work for everybody that has tried it?

This message was authored by SS123456x This message was authored by: SS123456x

Just had a message from SKY based on this thread, I have yet to reply but it reads as though they still don't know where the issue is..

We have engineers looking into this problem but we need some more information from customers who are experiencing the issue and I am wondering if you would be able to help?

When you have a moment I'm wondering if you could answer/try these questions below:

1. The exact programme(s) with Season and episode numbers of the failed content
  2. The exact date and time of the programme failure
  3. Viewing Card number (you'll need to get around our forum filters with this one, try putting a space between each number)
  4. The format you tried to download this programme in (SD,HD,UHD)
  5. What happens when you try and download the same programme again, does it work immediately after or later on?
  6. If you tried again with an ethernet cable does it resolve the issue?
  7. What's your external IP address from your router? (To see this run a speed test on Speedtest.net)
  8. Any other info you think we should know?

Apologies for the duplicate and multiple questions but you would really help us in getting the issue fixed ASAP.

I appreciate it,
Chloe
Community Manager

This message was authored by grog+arson This message was authored by: grog+arson

@SS123456x If this board has elicited a response from Sky, then it would seem sensible to supply them with information to help them fix the issue. 👍

This message was authored by Twigletto This message was authored by: Twigletto

Well, not only do I have download issues- that seems like a high class problem. The Q box is now refusing to connect to the Internet.  

When I told sky about the downloads, she said yes, they are aware. 

Funny, they don't delay in taking my money. Grrrr

This message was authored by Rayn This message was authored by: Rayn

I did the 1.1.1.1. a couple of weeks back and since then (touch wood) everything seems fine.  I have downloaded On Demand and Catch Up with no further issue.  I am with BT and I have my router cabled to my main Q box.

@Twigletto The loss of connection to the internet appears to predominantly affect those that are connecting to their router over Wi-Fi, i assume that is the case with you?

If you connect directly with a cable, or via Powerline plugs if you are too far from the router, and turn off the Wi-Fi on the Q box, you don't get an issue with network disconnects.

I realise this isn't ideal, and you should be able to use Wi-Fi, but everybody's property is different and Wi-Fi isn't always reliable (not Sky's fault, but as they don't support anything else, it sort of is).

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Twigletto wrote:

The Q box is now refusing to connect to the Internet.  

@Twigletto 

Have you tried to perform a network reset and trying again?

From the menu, head to settings, then status, network connection, network setup, finally reset?

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Goooner1 This message was authored by: Goooner1

I had the exact same email from a Sky employee. 

Not quite sure how they expect me to know the exact details of content, time and date of each and every failed download, especially when there have been probably 50 or more, if you count numerous retries over the last couple of weeks. 

As I told them, best I can do is log the details going forward and let them know each time. 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

We are aware we're experiencing issues with our Sky Q and Sky+ HD boxes with customers reporting intermittent failed downloads on On Demand content.

It’s been reported that this is happening with both customers using a 3rd party broadband as well as our own Sky Broadband customers too.

We are aware that this will cause inconvenience for you all especially during this time of year and we want to reassure everyone that the relevant teams are working hard to resolve this issue ASAP.

In the meantime we are asking not to change DNS settings and as a temporary solution download your content to your box via the Sky Go app. 

I have reached out to some users on this thread for some help whilst we test different scenarios if you would like to get involved with this you can let me know below.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

@Goooner1 A couple of examples if you have them is great. Even if you were to try and download something now and record the date and time for me, it's just so we can refer back to these exact instances and discover any trends 😊

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe-W22 wrote:

In the meantime we are asking not to change DNS settings and as a temporary solution download your content to your box via the Sky Go app. 

Hi @Chloe-W22   I'm sorry to say that this is simply not practical, watching boxsets, series, in fact all downloads. I am getting 100% failure using Auto (BT) and 100% success using a public DNS (1.1.1.1). I rely upon next episode following on. 32B2 2TB box Ethernet to BT SH2 v0.30.01.08093-BT (DNS 81.139.56/57.100)

This message was authored by Goooner1 This message was authored by: Goooner1

Thanks @Chloe-W22 will try a couple later tonight. 

Did try to send my viewing card number and external ip, but it said I'd sent to many messages and to try again later. 

Just like to say thanks, it's nice to have a response from a Sky employee on here, it at least feels like something is being done 👍

This message was authored by zoeclaire11 This message was authored by: zoeclaire11

I can answer some of those Q's, but it seems to me to be completely random. I've been trying to download a film on All 4 for weeks and it won't let me. Sometimes other downloads will finally work and sometimes won't. All the affected channels are different. I don't think there is a pattern.

this rather strange error happened the other day tho, has anyone experienced anything like this? - could be a simple programming error, but downloaded a film I wanted to watch. Name and synopsis good, yet when it downloaded and I went to watch it it was a completely different film to the one it said it was. Bit odd but maybe a one off..

This message was authored by zoeclaire11 This message was authored by: zoeclaire11

Hi Chloe, thanks for your reply. I'm with EE and having the same issue. One question though, this problem has been going on for weeks now. I am paying £50 a month for a service I'm not being able to use. Will affected customers be getting a discount on our subscription while this is issue is ongoing please?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion