Discussion topic: SkyQ Box keeps freezing

This message was authored by LosingPatience This message was authored by: LosingPatience

SkyQ Box keeps freezing

Our SkyQ box keeps freezing - sometimes the picture goes blue and pink and makes a racket, other times it just buffers. We've been through all the rebooting etc countless times and it seems to be getting worse. Yesterday we even reset the hard drive, as instructed by the AI bot, but no difference - just lost recordings and purchases.

Sometimes it simply says not connected to internet, but in the settings it shows we are connected. Also, on checking my laptop. it has no connection issues, so I don't think it's the internet connection. It seems as though the box doesn't see the connection. Could it be time to replace the box? Getting a little tired of the frequency of interrupted viewing.

Please help

All Replies

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Re: SkyQ Box keeps freezing

I'd first try unplugging the box for a few minutes then reconnecting again.  Tbh I suspect a new box is required. You'd need to phone in for this. 150 from a Sky phone/mobile.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
LosingPatience
Topic Author
This message was authored by LosingPatience This message was authored by: LosingPatience

@twilight+princess Thank you for replying, and so fast! I don't have a sky phone - do you know where I can find the customer service number please?

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Certainly:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
LosingPatience
Topic Author

Thank you! Much appreciated.

You're welcome @LosingPatience 

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
LosingPatience
Topic Author

Oh no! There aren't any numbers, just sending me round in circles again. I'm not really interested in earning "badges" for comments and replies etc. 😣 I just want a real person to sort out my problem. Could someone at Sky get in touch if you moderate this please?

I'd need to be a Superuser in order to do that. In any case here's a number which may be better: 03442 411 653 or 0333 7591 310

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion