Discussion topic: Sky q box red light always on but nothing recording

This message was authored by Vipperuk This message was authored by: Vipperuk

Re: Sky q box red light always on but nothing recording

• Jo+bristow  I had the same problem with the permanent red light on the front of the Sky Q box I went into recordings management scroll across on disc space and in there I had a recording called introducing sky live which I downloaded about the camera I deleted that and the red light went off. I don't know if that would help ?
This message was authored by Cooperydan This message was authored by: Cooperydan

In settings I found a software disclaimer which was highlighted. I scrolled through that and the red light then went out.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I removed all my deleted programs and it went, hope this helps👍

This message was authored by Swarb1 This message was authored by: Swarb1

Just tried hat & it's still recording

This message was authored by Alipans This message was authored by: Alipans

I found that while I thought I had cancelled back a series on catch up, there was a blank download that looked looked like it had been cancelled there was a "ghost" of it which I cancelled again. That cleared everything. 

This message was authored by Shannasmummy This message was authored by: Shannasmummy

I have had this 2 days, i went into scheduled downloads and a programme i selected to record days ago was sitting at download paused, i resumed the download and it started dowloading again from 52% i then just cancelled it as it was taking a while and when i did the red recording light went off, so can be a paused downliad not a faulty box.

This message was authored by Grainywand This message was authored by: Grainywand

Re: Red record light

I have this issue, too - no red ‘recording’ light displayed on the Sky Q main box, when recording - it's one of the latest 2TB, UHD/HDR-enabled boxes (model no. 32B1..), and it was only installed last week.

It seems to record fine, but doesn’t display the red light when it’s doing so … though, like others, the spinning, blue ‘Q’ light illuminates when playing back those recordings.

I guess it could be a bug that’ll get fixed in a future Sky Q software update? … or Sky simply decided to get rid of the red ‘recording’ light on the latest Sky Q boxes?

It’s obviously not a huge issue, but it’s rather disconcerting for someone who’s just come from the Sky+HD world, where the hard drive had become very unreliable, and the red ‘recording’ light gave some reassurance that it was actually recording what it had been asked to!

There clearly isn’t an answer on this thread, but did anyone get one subsequently???

This message was authored by henchman This message was authored by: henchman

Switched the Sky Q box off at the plug for 30 seconds, red light is now off 

This message was authored by Maureen123 This message was authored by: Maureen123

The record button stays red all the time even when I'm not recording anything 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Maureen123 wrote:

The record button stays red all the time even when I'm not recording anything 

Have you tried any of the suggestions offered in this topic?

This message was authored by henchman This message was authored by: henchman

try switching off for 30 seconds to a minute at mains worked for me 

This message was authored by xHanax This message was authored by: xHanax

@MightyQuinn I had this problem with the red light and holding the green button didn't work but followed your suggestion and went in and cleared my download queue and it worked !! Thanks 

This message was authored by Dandan20vt This message was authored by: Dandan20vt

I have had this issue, I just cleared down my recordings and the light went off.. think it's just a storage warning 

This message was authored by DaveBC This message was authored by: DaveBC

In Recordings / Downloading I found a program showing as downloading 132%. Cancelled it and red light is off.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Yes, most of the time it's due to a download that has got stuck, cancelling the download resolves it. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion