Discussion topic: Sky q box red light always on but nothing recording

This message was authored by Mezida This message was authored by: Mezida

Re: Sky q box red light always on but nothing recording

It worked for me.

Tried other solutions but on checking my downloads, I had used 76% and had some 'not permanently deleted' items in 'deleted'.

I cleared out many episodes of a series I hadn't watched for ages and the light went off straight away.

It seems it's a warning of reaching a limit or perhaps overwriting thoses downloads in 'deleted',

This message was authored by NovaJay This message was authored by: NovaJay

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having this problem over the last few days

This message was authored by DaveBC This message was authored by: DaveBC

I've since cancelled Sky and got a Freesat box, so no longer an issue for me, at least. 😁

This message was authored by Cookie85 This message was authored by: Cookie85

I had a programme downloading, it was at 101% and still hadn't finished downloading. I removed that and that turned the red light off.

Press the Sky button

Go to Manage

Go to Downloading 

If you have something there at 101% delete it. 🤞🏻

This message was authored by Vanquishpurr This message was authored by: Vanquishpurr

I've had this problem where it's showing the Q box recording but it's not recording anything. Turns out when I went to my recordings. The first programme when I went into it , the box was trying to download another episode. So try looking at your last recording and check it's not trying to download it. I stopped the download and it tried to download another episode. I've stopped it and the red light is off. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion