Discussion topic: Sky q box red light always on but nothing recording

This message was authored by Jo+bristow This message was authored by: Jo+bristow

Sky q box red light always on but nothing recording

For last 2 days  red light on sky q box has been on but nothing recording , when I try and down load or record it just fails I've tryed  unplugging. For 30mins then plug back in  and still the same 

please help 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Re: Sky q box red light always on but nothing recording

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hold down the green light button for 20 seconds to get it to do a full reboot. You can do a settings reset too. Or a full factory reset but rhat loses recordings. Think the box could be faulty though.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Jo+bristow   It probably won't help, but have you cleared the download queue? 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Hold down the green light button for 20 seconds to get it to do a full reboot. You can do a settings reset too. Or a full factory reset but rhat loses recordings. Think the box could be faulty though.

Jo+bristow
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jo+bristow This message was authored by: Jo+bristow

Yes everything is clear. Thanks

Jo+bristow
Topic Author

Sorry I tryed green light button  for more than 20 seconds and still same 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Edited my post. Think those resetting options are in the hidden menu (go to settings in top menu and hit 001 Select)

Jo+bristow
Topic Author

Hi done a reset what kept my network settings and recording , but now can5 download from demand? 
 Any ideas please

This message was authored by MTSimon This message was authored by: MTSimon

Hi, has a fix been foundfor this?  I am experiencing the same issue. Have tried reboot and hard reset but it has not resolved the issue..... Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

This message was authored by foxy69 This message was authored by: foxy69

I just had this problem. Recording light on last night and still on in the morning. Tried unplugging and letting it reset but red light was still on. After reading a previous comment I held the green button for just a few seconds and the red light went out.

This message was authored by Rayyyyyyyyyyyy This message was authored by: Rayyyyyyyyyyyy

Red record light

When I'm recording a program the red light is not on even though it's recording 

how can I make it be on when I'm recording thanks

This message was authored by Ecosse This message was authored by: Ecosse

Re: Red record light

I'd suggest fully rebooting the Sky Q main box.

Unplug from the wall for at least 30 seconds.

Now plug back in the Sky Q box and follow the on-screen instructions. This can take up to 5 minutes, and hopefully, you're back up and running.

Good luck.

====================================================
Samsung UE49MU7070XX - Samsung MS550 Soundbar+ with 9000S Rears
Sky Q 2Tb + 3 Minis - BT Full Fibre 900
This message was authored by Rayyyyyyyyyyyy This message was authored by: Rayyyyyyyyyyyy

Done the reboot no luck

The blue light works , but no red light when recording, this is a new sky Q box

i don't know if anything is recording unless I go into the planner it's a pain 

image.jpg

This message was authored by Ecosse This message was authored by: Ecosse

Suggest you make contact with Sky direct.  To contact Sky, go to this link: https://www.sky.com/help/home

Scroll to the very bottom of the page and now select the Need More Help dropdown, this will lead to a phone contact.

Ignore the automated messages, just wait for an advisor

Good luck.

====================================================
Samsung UE49MU7070XX - Samsung MS550 Soundbar+ with 9000S Rears
Sky Q 2Tb + 3 Minis - BT Full Fibre 900
This message was authored by BGH This message was authored by: BGH

I have this problem too - rang Sky and was told not to worry about it! I do, though.

This message was authored by steelpanther This message was authored by: steelpanther

@MightyQuinn This worked for me, thank you 😊 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion